What if your Wrong

Guest trigem

Guest db99wj
I swear if Punisher tries to tell me there is no tooth fairy I am hitchiking to Memphis just to kick his ass

...and look who's bringing Memphis into the conversation!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3
Helmethead is probably gonna need somebody's ass to kick too. :lol: I trust you can find a deserving candidate.

A multitude of choices, to be sure. "Taterhead" comes to mind immediately!

A TGO three stop ass kickin' fiesta.

Well, y'all get points for creativity, I guess... 'Cause you seem to have derailed a thread on near-death experiences by planning near-death experiences for some other poor unfortunate bastards. :eek::P

Oh, and if y'all do actually ever go "visit" Strel, let me know... 'cause I wanna be there. :(

J.

Well, y'all get points for creativity, I guess... 'Cause you seem to have derailed a thread on near-death experiences by planning near-death experiences for some other poor unfortunate bastards. :eek::lol:

Oh, and if y'all do actually ever go "visit" Strel, let me know... 'cause I wanna be there. :devil:

J.

I think it's in the rules somewhere. Ass kickings are permitted an any thread, especially ones about near death experiences.

I have heard and witnessed things directly from people about this.I have even watched some. I have seen people with no brain or bodily activity come back and have very clear "visions". I have watched others and nothing happens. While I firmly believe some of them probably saw something unique, special, and real others saw what Jaime described. I believe some of it is real and some of it may be something else. Either way it's probably not a good idea to wait for that moment to decide.

TRUTH is the highest authority. Truth is always the same, it never changes. Truth can cause facts to change. You don't have to believe the Truth for it to exist, it will go on without you. It doesn't need you to still be the Truth. Gravity exists whether one believes it or not, whether one understands it or not. It has been stated that there is a Heaven to strive for and a Hell to avoid. The Truth has been put out there. It is the individual's choice to either accept or reject. Woe to he who chooses wrong, rejecting the Truth.

Religion is man's creation, his search for God, or a God. God is there, but many people miss Him because they have their own idea how He is to be found. They form their own traditions, their own rituals, and make a big mess of it all. Almost all of the people who are my family, friends, and the people I associate with truly believe in God (THE God) and have an ongoing relationship with Him, but not one of them is religious. That is left to those who are just playing church or still lost in their search.

For those who do not believe, why argue with those who do? If you believe them (us) to be fools, let them be. No harm done. Nor shall we sway you by holding a gun to your head. Only an inner conviction of the Truth can convince a person to turn to God. Yes, a real, living, loving God, not just some higher being life source, but an actual God Who created us with purpose and Who wants to have an eternal relationship with us. We will all spend eternity somewhere, either by conscious choice or by default for lack of making a conscious choice. Will it cost you anything to make this choice? No. But there is so much to be gained. Does one such as myself tell you this because we hate you, or because we love you? I leave you with that final question to answer and to determine what our (my) motive is for bothering to even mention it. Sure, we could take comfort in knowing that we've got a ticket to eternal bliss for ourselves, but what kind of person would keep that to themselves and be indifferent to the eternal destiny of others?

For those who do not believe, why argue with those who do?

I see what you're saying and have seen it many many times, but for the record - this thread (What if your [you're] wrong?) was started by a believer. Just sayin'...

Guest Glock23ForMe

I dont think this thread started as a, "What if you're wrong?" about Jesus Christ or how he Saves and Lives. It was about the atheists in the video? That's the way I read it.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Just a slight difference... :devil:

If any...

Idk. I believe in Jesus Christ and am a Christian and saved. I'm not gonna beat anyone with a Bible. If they choose to believe, they will.

I have friends across a ton of religions and we all get along just fine and have a great time when we hang out.

But that's just me.

As I've said before, I don't know who's right and won't pretend to.

It could be the Bible-thumpers, it could be the Atheists, or the "correct" answer may be something that nobody's even thought of yet.

And as I've said before, I really don't care. I'll find out soon enough and that's good enough for me.

However, what I absolutely despise is someone ( from/on either "side" ) saying "Look, I'm right and here's PROOF!", when in fact it's no proof at all.

Believe me, I would very much like to see indisputable proof, one way or the other. But I also know there's none to be had, and even if there was it would cause chaos on a scale that can't be imagined.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it's mildly amusing to debunk some of the stuff that people think is proof. Because... who knows?... maybe one of these days the real thing will show up.

J.

As I've said before, I don't know who's right and won't pretend to.

It could be the Bible-thumpers, it could be the Atheists, or the "correct" answer may be something that nobody's even thought of yet.

And as I've said before, I really don't care. I'll find out soon enough and that's good enough for me.

However, what I absolutely despise is someone ( from/on either "side" ) saying "Look, I'm right and here's PROOF!", when in fact it's no proof at all.

Believe me, I would very much like to see indisputable proof, one way or the other. But I also know there's none to be had, and even if there was it would cause chaos on a scale that can't be imagined.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it's mildly amusing to debunk some of the stuff that people think is proof. Because... who knows?... maybe one of these days the real thing will show up.

J.

A big ole +1!

FWIW, I too believe. Wish everyone did. But I won't force my belief on anyone else (not that it would do any good to try to force belief).

Appreciate the video, though. My take on the thread title is just exactly how it's worded ... (well, except for the "your" that should be "you're" ...)

If we who believe are right, all's well for us. For those who don't believe ... ... ... as the thread title asks, what if you're wrong?

Seems to me to just be a little food for thought ... ... but that's just my 2 cents. Not my intent to rile or belittle anyone for their belief (or non-belief). I don't see the point in that. I would prefer that everyone believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but even Jesus didn't force Himself on anyone ... ...

Jaime, for some people no proof is enough. Heck, the fact we have liberals is a testament to that. They are wrong and have been blatantly proven wrong and yet here we are in 2010 having debates with large segments of the population who have. Believing the evidence that is there is what we call faith. There is no such thing as blind faith. Those who claim that as a defense are too lazy to try their faith and will accept what ever they hear.

I should add I find it interesting that some LEO who spent their careers collecting "proof" at crime scenes etc. in order to solve unanswered questions, seem to throw those skills out the window in other areas of their lives. :devil: Don' take offense.I'm just giving it back.:lol:

Edited by Smith
Jaime, for some people no proof is enough. Heck, the fact we have liberals is a testament to that. They are wrong and have been blatantly proven wrong and yet here we are in 2010 having debates with large segments of the population who have. Believing the evidence that is there is what we call faith. There is no such thing as blind faith. Those who claim that as a defense are too lazy to try their faith and will accept what ever they hear.

I should add I find it interesting that some LEO who spent their careers collecting "proof" at crime scenes etc. in order to solve unanswered questions, seem to throw those skills out the window in other areas of their lives. :devil: Don' take offense.I'm just giving it back.:lol:

You know, the fact that you brought politics - and Liberals - into the conversation only serves to illustrate how closely politics and religion are related, and how both really come down to controlling a large number of people by a small group, or even one individual. Little wonder then that the Roman Catholic Church was one of the most powerful political organizations on the face of this earth for so long, huh?

As for faith... I'll leave that alone for now. People are going to believe what they like, and make every excuse they can for doing so.

And that's perfectly alright by me. At least as long as they don't expect me to believe that way as well.

BTW, evidence is just that, evidence. It's not really proof of anything until you have enough of it to either see the whole picture, or at least rule out another picture altogether.

J.

You know, the fact that you brought politics - and Liberals - into the conversation only serves to illustrate how closely politics and religion are related, and how both really come down to controlling a large number of people by a small group, or even one individual. Little wonder then that the Roman Catholic Church was one of the most powerful political organizations on the face of this earth for so long, huh?

As for faith... I'll leave that alone for now. People are going to believe what they like, and make every excuse they can for doing so.

And that's perfectly alright by me. At least as long as they don't expect me to believe that way as well.

BTW, evidence is just that, evidence. It's not really proof of anything until you have enough of it to either see the whole picture, or at least rule out another picture altogether.

J.

We agree 100%.

Guest trigem

(TRUTH is the highest authority. Truth is always the same, it never changes. Truth can cause facts to change. You don't have to believe the Truth for it to exist, it will go on without you. It doesn't need you to still be the Truth. Gravity exists whether one believes it or not, whether one understands it or not. It has been stated that there is a Heaven to strive for and a Hell to avoid. The Truth has been put out there. It is the individual's choice to either accept or reject. Woe to he who chooses wrong, rejecting the Truth.)

+1 Amen