Finally....

TrackHeat

I got to get out to On Target yesterday and shoot the XD-45 I bought recently. Shot 200 malfunction free rounds through it. This was the first time I had shot with a handgun in several years. The XD was very smooth and I was shockingly able to group some some shots pretty decently as well. Now I'm hooked! I'm probably going to go out to shoot somewhere next weekend too.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of us Mid-TN guys (& gals) will be at On-Target this coming Saturday, we're meeting at Famous Dave's in Smyrna at 11:30, and heading to the range afterwards (we'll get there around 1:30, probably, like last time).

There will be several other XDs there, and many other fine guns to socialize with.

A bunch of us Mid-TN guys (& gals) will be at On-Target this coming Saturday, we're meeting at Famous Dave's in Smyrna at 11:30, and heading to the range afterwards (we'll get there around 1:30, probably, like last time).

There will be several other XDs there, and many other fine guns to socialize with.

Well I thought about going back this Saturday if nothing was going on. I do need to practice some more with it. Shooting is going to be very addictive. I'm already looking for another to have some variety!
Guest canynracer

congrats...and welcome to the "I need more range ammo" club..and remember, just when you think you have enough, buy doublem because when you get home, clean your gun, and begin to put things away, you begin to feel "empty..."

congrats...and welcome to the "I need more range ammo" club..and remember, just when you think you have enough, buy doublem because when you get home, clean your gun, and begin to put things away, you begin to feel "empty..."

The empty feeling is what I was afraid of so I kept a box and took it home with me so I would have that plus the Hornady hollowpoints.

Best thing to do, if you don't want to order ammo in bulk, is to simply buy a box of ammo every time you go to Wal-Mart... you'd be surprised how fast it accumulates.

I used to do that (sometimes still do, if there's a good price, or they have some .357sig in stock), and I find myself in Wal-Mart probably 10 times between range sessions... That's a healthy 500rd or so accumulated between range sessions, and it's very affordable since it's rarely more than $20 per trip.

Best thing to do, if you don't want to order ammo in bulk, is to simply buy a box of ammo every time you go to Wal-Mart... you'd be surprised how fast it accumulates.

I used to do that (sometimes still do, if there's a good price, or they have some .357sig in stock), and I find myself in Wal-Mart probably 10 times between range sessions... That's a healthy 500rd or so accumulated between range sessions, and it's very affordable since it's rarely more than $20 per trip.

I had thought about doing that same thing. I have yet to price some .45 ACP from Wally World yet, I'll have to check that out tomorrow.

I got to get out to On Target yesterday and shoot the XD-45 I bought recently. Shot 200 malfunction free rounds through it. This was the first time I had shot with a handgun in several years. The XD was very smooth and I was shockingly able to group some some shots pretty decently as well. Now I'm hooked! I'm probably going to go out to shoot somewhere next weekend too.

XD'S are hard to beat, have fun with it.