Will anyone admit to..............

bayouvol

I don't own a C9, but have shot a few. My neighbor doesn't carry, his C9 is a night table gun. He has run 1000 rounds through it with no malfunctions of any kind using different brands of ammo, both HP and FMJ. As far a carrying a HP, size-wise it's comparable to alot of other 9's. Regarding weight, if I was going that heavy, I would probably look for something with larger mag capacity. I carry an SP101, so weight doesn't really bother me. HP quality and reliability - I do have a 995 carbine with tacti-cool ATI stock (Mall Ninja in training) and have had hours of failure-free fun.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've owned a 995 that had the ATI stock on it with an el-chepo reddot. Enjoyed it for a little while but just couldn't grow to love it enought to keep it. Shot OhShoots' C9 and while suprisingly accurate and pretty easy to shoot, I just don't like super top heavy guns therefore I won't own one. A buddy of mine has the .45 and after holding it, I could care less about shooting it.

Guest Aces&8s

I have two Hi-Points, a .40 S&W pistol and the 995 carbine, and I like both of them very much. I had a C9 that I recently gave to my father so he would have a gun in his house, and before I gave it to him, I had put over 1000 rounds through it with not a single problem. In fact, other than a magazine related issue with the .40 which was fixed for free by HP (and they sent me an extra mag for free, to boot), I have had no problems at all with any of them, outside of trying to shoot Wolf ammo out of them (the C9 choked on it, while the 995 just chugged right along). My biggest issues were the weight and the low round capacity... for carry, my PF9 almost disappears (with the loss of one round capacity, but then the Kel-Tec and three loaded magazines still weigh less than the HP), and for the nightstand, my Ruger P95 holds 15 to 20 depending on the magazine I have in it, and so I saw no need to keep the C9 with its 9 round limitation. Still, in my experience, they are decent guns and still made in America.

Guest smileyguy

I was always curious about them. Some swear by them. Others say they are garbage. I got to shoot a Hi Point for the first time a month or 2 ago. I reserve bashing something until I try it. Well after shooting my buddy's, I'm in the garbage camp. First mag wouldn't feed anything. No biggie. He grabbed the spare mag. We shot about 2 mags, go to load a third and the slide won't release. Just locked rear.

Maybe both camps are right. Some are great, some are POSs?

Guest Jcochran88

Went to local restaurant and there it was, a high point being opened carried. Dude that he was the S..t also right next to that fancy hi point was the infamous HCP badge.

"I was always curious about them. Some swear by them. Others say they are garbage. I got to shoot a Hi Point for the first time a month or 2 ago. I reserve bashing something until I try it. Well after shooting my buddy's, I'm in the garbage camp. First mag wouldn't feed anything. No biggie. He grabbed the spare mag. We shot about 2 mags, go to load a third and the slide won't release. Just locked rear.

Maybe both camps are right. Some are great, some are POSs? "

Same can be said about a Kimber ultra carry

Edited by kesava
Guest rlrm777

I have both a c-9 and a 995 carbine. c-9 doesn't like jhp's, but I understand polishing the feedramp fixes that. Have carried it and would again, but now have lighter alternatives.

Yep...... ugly, heavy, but as reliable as my

bil's glock w/ the right ammo, but so is my old Phoenix Raven .25 ( it's never FTF ) and at 10 yds all on target.

More importantly, they were cheap enough to get me started in owning guns and getting shooting experience.

I was at a M9 weapons qual at a local police range. I watch the police instructor a few lanes over spank all comers with a High Point .45ACP. He was a incredible shot with this pistol. This was a major police department. The officers were using a good mix of high end pistols and normal service pistols to no avail.

I own a HP carbine and it is fairly accurate for what it is.