Baseball and The Government...

Guest Glock23ForMe

Guest Glock23ForMe

[rant]

Okay, I was watching part of my daily dose of Sportscenter and the steroid or HGH use by Roger Clemens...

First Off: I realized he had the possibility of lying to Congress in Court, I get that part.... Perjury is no joke, and I believe that. Don't Lie.

Secondly: I realized, also, that he demanded the first Congressional Hearing even after they wanted to suspend it indefinitely. However, saying that....

WHY DOES THE GOVERNMENT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL?!?!

Isn't the MLB a private organization full of clubs, i.e. OTHER PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS, and work upon themselves? I'm confused at how the Government has a say in this? Honestly, I understand the Mitchell Report, but why in the hell does the government have a say in what happened? If he did or didn't, he's retired, some idiot is turning in syringes with "his DNA" on them, couldn't those syringes be from ANYTHING?? If Roger Clemens is on trail and could be going to prison if he did lie, where is the guy that GAVE him the steroids? Sitting at his house watching this on TV? This just makes me very upset that the gooberment has to have their hand in the MLB.

What's next? Gonna indict Brett Favre for lying and saying he's not playing next season? :devil:

Don't they have any better way of spending tax dollars? Like putting DRUG DEALERS, MURDERS, RAPIST, ETC in prison... I guess they don't have time for that... They're too busy trying ROGER CLEMENS. :lol:

Come on....

:eek::puke:

[/rant]

This just makes me sick...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing is really annoying. If congress thinks it's in their best intrest to make a big dramtic criminal specticles out of "lying" over something that is inconsequential, they are bigger fools than i could have imagined .... And i have a big imagination. talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Wow... That's from a long, long time ago....

(Not the article, but the article's topic)

It still sucks...

May be from a long long time ago but goes to show, this has been going on foe a long time. Once government gets involved in ANYTHING its impossible to get them out of it. And yes it still SUCKS.

Please see below. And this from a guy who use to broadcast baseball games.

Guest Glock23ForMe
And this from a guy who use to broadcast baseball games.

Don Sutton.... Is this you? I tried to get your autograph once.... and you blew me off.... Bastard.

Guest 6.8 AR

It's not that the congress has anything better to do, but

more that it makes them feel better knowing they spent

your tax dollars so wisely. Builds their fragile egos up

so they can pontificate better in front of the camera

when they want more tax dollars.

Think of it as Barney Frank warming up in the bullpen.

Well, maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest mustangdave

Congress needs to find something better to do...I figure Clemons lied...so F'n what...these "athletes" are prima-donna's as it is. Baseball should just ban him for LIFE like they did Pete Rose...but they'll probably just slap his hand and be done with it.

Congress wants everyone to know that only they can tell lies in their hall.

Who cares what this guy did? All records from the 'roid era ought to have a asterik next to them. There are only about three significant players during that time that were not juicing.