Looking at getting a FN PS90, any comments, tips, ect...

Guest jimothy

Guest jimothy

Ok I'm just getting back into the gun scene after being in debt for a good bit, anyway was looking for a good sub and was at the range and a guy had a PS90 with him and let me play with it a min. Love the heck out of it.

Now I think I'm gonna save and snatch one, anyone have one, or know anything about them? Not looking for price info really I know Im looking around 1400-1800.

Any comments welcome, thanks guys!

Edited by jimothy
Spelling
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 to 1800 should get you a decent one. I think the last one I saw @ Guns and Leather was in the 1700 range, unknown if it was new or used. Fun guns to shoot, 50 round mags can be found pretty resonably priced. I loved shooting mine when I had it, but I traded it in on...something, I honestly don't remember what now...that's kind of sad.

I love mine. No recoil and pretty damned accurate. Got it from Bud's for around $1400. 50 round mags are on sale at Palmetto State right now for $13 each. You should be able to get ammo for about $20/50 rounds for the plinking stuff. I've got a Primary Arms Microdot red dot scope on mine and it works perfectly.

I got an after market rail and a Redfield 3-9 X 50 scope and it shoots great at 150 yards because I have not set up my 200 yard target yet. Set bottles out at 100 or so yards to watch them explode when you hit them. It is a nice compact weapon that is easy to shoot.

Guest jimothy

Yeah Im looking at budsgunshop.com something like 1439 shipped for a new one.

This coming week im gonna go for it, come on pay day!

Yeah I got to fire a few rounds and was in love, also kinda eying the FIVE-SEVEN pistol they also have...

Guest drv2fst

I used to CC a FiveSeven. It was not too bad. The gun is large but very light. Make sure to get a holster that protects your skin from the gun. There are many sharp points on the gun and the grip surface that make it uncomfortable CC'ing against the skin on hip or back. A good holster will eliminate that problem.

Guest jimothy

yeah Im def drooling over the pistol also, but first thing first.

next week I'm gonna get started and do a layaway at buds, but first gonna check my guys over the TriCities Gun Depot never know they may have a better deal....

Thanks for the input fellers.

Guest JHatmaker

Correcting the subject line for you, FN...not NF

Also, owned one and really liked it. Ammo's not the cheapest, but it's a fun gun to shoot.

If you get one, you should shorten the barrel.

SBR PS90's are the shiznit.

Guest drv2fst

I read somewhere that the round was designed to get all the speed it can out of a 10" barrel on the original P90. Therefore by cutting the 16" down to 10" you don't lose very much velocity.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimothy

Hey thanks for the input everyone, yesterday I ordered one, can't friggin wait! Also sometime before this year is over I wanna save and get the five-seven to go along with it.

Guest jimothy

Will do, will do. Yeah I've already fired one, we were at the range and another guy had one and was nice enough to let me have a look see. Very smooth for sure.