Anyone else use a ClipDraw on their gun?

I picked one of these up last week and have been trying it out. I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

Order Clipdraw - Universal Clipdraw Fits All Handguns

I was kinda reluctant at first because of the tape being what attached it, but I read some good reviews and it was only around 25 bucks, so i figured I'd check it out. I mounted it on my Kahr CW9 first, but the tape was a little wide and covered just a bit of the ejection port and I wasn't having that so I mounted it on my Kel-Tec P3AT and it's been working great. It holds well in my pocket or IWB and it completely disappears.

I don't know that I would trust it to a significantly heavier gun, but for a smaller, lightweight gun I think it works really well. Having a thin frame a holster always seems to add just that little extra bulk that I can't hide under a t-shirt very well and during the summer I hate having to wear an overshirt so this has been a great CC compromise for me.

Just my little review anyhow. Anyone else using one? I'm really curious if anyone uses it on a larger firearm.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

My first gun was a Kel-tec .40 that I added 2 of those to. One on each side. It was awesome, that you could clip it almost anywhere you wanted and it stayed put. However, I can't imagine using one on a large gun with its probable tendency to shift/tip around.

Technically the trigger is covered if you wear it IWB. A simpler solution is just, ya know, NOT stick your finger in the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot. No offense to anyone, but anytime I hear people say something about an exposed trigger it just screams "no formal training" to me. It's in the same thought process as carrying on an empty chamber to me.

Guest BEARMAN

I use them on both my P-11 and P-32 Kel-tecs, they are great for just a quick "grab and go" trip, without having to fiddle around with a holster.

The exposed trigger issue never bothered me much...I guess mainly because I'm not sticking my finger near it, unless I'm getting ready for some serious business. IMHO

I put one on my G27. I liked it because I could put it in my waistband quickly when stopping at gas stations, etc. I didn't carry it with a round in the chamber though....I didn't carry any of my Glocks that way. It did not prevent the use of a Serpa holster either which was nice. I think they are great to have as a backup way to carry. I was concerned about carrying in Georgia because you have to have a holster, however upon further research I found that a clipdraw does count as a holster.

I put one on my G27. I liked it because I could put it in my waistband quickly when stopping at gas stations, etc. I didn't carry it with a round in the chamber though....I didn't carry any of my Glocks that way. It did not prevent the use of a Serpa holster either which was nice. I think they are great to have as a backup way to carry. I was concerned about carrying in Georgia because you have to have a holster, however upon further research I found that a clipdraw does count as a holster.

You DIDN'T or you DON'T? If you're carrying a Glock without a round in the chamber you're not carrying a Glock...you're carrying a Rock.

Guest rockbottom12

it isn't the finger that scares me with an exposed trigger. I have caught my sog as well as any other clipped knife on too many things. I have caugh pockets on doors, car doors and brush. It is that slim chance that my pants shift weird and bunch up and i get a fabric wad around the trigger and before i know it is there the trigger gets pulled. While this may be me overthinking it, or whatever it is the only thing holding me back from a clip draw for my keltecs.

I use one on a G27(though I am putting it on my G19 now) but I also use the trigger blocks in conjunction with the clip draw. There is now way the trigger can be pulled by my clothes bunching up or catching on something. This trigger blocks pop out as you insert your finger into the trigger guard so it is not a hindrance to bringing the gun into action. If I put a clip draw on my SW 642 or 1911, I will not worry about the trigger.