Is 9mm just to small?

Guest m&pc9

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Highlander
.40S&W(short & weak) was made because pansies couldnt handle the full-power 10mm

ROFLMFAO as one of my kids would say!

Love my G20 and its ultimate accessory, a G29!

Guest KREaton

Just an observation. All bullets poke holes. That is all they do. If you are a decent shot the right "hole" in the right place will drop anyone. So no matter what round you choose, whether it is a 22 or 45, will be fine if you can hit your target in the right spot. Just my 2 cents. :popcorn:

Guest Bonedaddy

Nine's will do everything a .45 will and then some. Study some ballistic reports. But just for fun I did some 9mm test of my own on some watermelons from 15 yds. cause people were telling me 85 gr. frangible were useless. I already knew they would shoot thru an inch of OSB but I had to see on some melons. These were big melons. FMJ busted the melon open pretty well like expected. 147 gr. HP opened her on up real good. Both of these rounds will shoot thru 2 or more walls in the house and maybe hurt or kill someone unintended. The 85 gr. frangible won't BUT it WILL EXPLODE a melon like someone put a dang stout M80 inside of it. Blew pieces of melon several feet away from point of impact and covered the 6 foot target board behind it with melon juice and seeds. I like the round.

.40S&W(short & weak) was made because pansies couldnt handle the full-power 10mm

This is true.

Back to 9mm...with today's hi-tech JHP rounds I have no hesitaiton carrying 9mm. If God forbid I ever need to use it, I'll resurect this thread and let you know how it turned out.

WARNING, WARNING DANGER DANGER Will Robinson, melons are on the rampage!! Quick get your 9mm

Actually I prefer 9mm and carry a Keltec often. Don't even own a .40 though have shot them. It's been around for over 100 years and is plenty big for serious work.

So does this mean that medium or even small mellons are less sweet or are they just useless?

Small melons are pretty useless. Medium melons are OK.

But seedless ones are the best.

Yep. Thats why the US Armed Forces' standard sidearm uses the 9mm.

But I have always heard, The armed forces just want to wound the enemy. If you kill them that takes one out of action, but if you wound them you take 2-3 out of action. Because they will be helping the wounded.