I feel like a new guy here.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
:D

But seriously... work has been kicking my ass the past few weeks. Getting to travel every so often is fun at first, but it starts to wear you down after a while.

Anyway, just saying Hi. :wave:

Newb.

Give me the passwords and the ban-hammer for a week, and I'll take care of her for you.:D

Or if you just need to take a break from work and let me kick your a$$ for a while, I'll do that too.

Help me, help you.

Welcome to TGO. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the forum rules. The administrator here is a stickler for the rules...

:D

Yeah, I 'm glad you got rid of that Tungsten guy. He was always causing trouble. You're a much better administrator! :wave:

Besides wearing you down, work can become extremely annoying when it interferes with the other stuff you enjoy.

... so ... ... slow down and take time to smell ... ... well, I don't personally care much for roses, but find the time to do something you enjoy.

Gettin' older sucks, and working too much will absolutely make you older. Of course, NOT gettin' older sucks more.

• Administrator
Besides wearing you down, work can become extremely annoying when it interferes with the other stuff you enjoy.

... so ... ... slow down and take time to smell ... ... well, I don't personally care much for roses, but find the time to do something you enjoy.

Gettin' older sucks, and working too much will absolutely make you older. Of course, NOT gettin' older sucks more.

I'll gladly take getting older to the alternative any day. :D

I think maybe this weekend I will make time to go out and punch some holes in paper. Haven't done that in... months. :wave:

• Administrator
I know what you mean about traveling. I just got in from Orlando last night. In about a hour I am heading to Atlanta/ FT. Mcpherson for the rest of the week. I hope to make it home this weekend.

That's an even worse schedule than mine. :tinfoil:

That said, my schedule doesn't slow down until November. It's kind of crazy. :P

Guest Sgt. Joe
Welcome, newboy! Watch out for the administrator, he's a b@stard!

AHhhh just follow the six million + rules and all will be fine:)

Seriously David I feel it for ya, ALL of my better income years involved being on the road either in construction or Over the Road truck driving. It gets pretty bad when ya have to ask the kids to wear name tags the first few days that you are home.

I started thinking about quitting the OTR driving after 9-11, it was shortly after that when I saw an older driver at a truck stop diner in who knows where USA in the middle of the night and he was crying.

I sat down with him and he had a picture of a very beautiful young girl who he said was his daughter and had just turned 18, he also had several pages of scratch notes with him.

He told me that he had started driving when the girl was born and that he had just sat there and calculated how much time he had actually been home over the 18 years.....He had come up with the fact that out of 18 years he had been home for right at ONE of them.

I put the truck up for sale the following week.

But DO pop in.... there seems to be some good folks here:)

• Administrator

Joe, your story is pretty much why I've spent less time on TGO lately. Right now I'm still trying to figure out how to balance the demands my job is putting on me (which includes more hours than ever), spending time with my family and spending time doing leisurely things just for my own enjoyment. Thankfully I am often able to combine family and leisure time, but when push comes to shove I always try to err on spending time with them rather than doing whatever satisfies my own selfish amusement. Unfortunately surfing TGO for pleasure often falls into the latter category.

I'm still quite busy behind the scenes here making adjustments to the server, performing maintenance, etc. Just not as busy posting as I would like to be. I had thought this would change a little during those times I'm sitting in a hotel room, but I'm usually too tired to keep my eyes open for very long.

My work travel will slow down a lot after the first week of September, but then some travel with my family picks right up. :tinfoil:

Guest db99wj
lol... I don't understand people's fascination with Farmville. We fired a guy from work not too long ago because that's all he did on the clock.

No kidding, you don't get to blow stuff up, shoot anything, or really kill anything...unless you don't water for awhile I guess. My mom had a huge farm at one point, then she lost interest. She is retired though, so it was some entertainment I guess.

Ya'lls administrator sounds like a complete douche. Let's overthrow him. :tinfoil:

We have to call him Mr Douche.

Seriously, glad you dropped in. Both my job and the wife's are getting extremely time demanding too. I think that's the way it is in the good ol USA right now. At least I'm in front of the computer for hours at a time. My boss doesn't fuss much when I check in on TGO.

I may have to fire myself...

• Administrator

I'm extremely grateful to have a steady job with a good group of people I really enjoy working with, especially with so many folks looking for work. It's just harder getting adjusted to the number of hours we put in than I thought it was going to be. I couldn't really tell you where the last eight months have gone; they're just gone. It kind of sucks not being able to say where summer went. ;)