3 Distillery Tour Anyone?

Loon160T

UPDATE (Updated information is in bold)

The full-blown 3 Distillery Tour is postponed until late April or early May.

I've gotten some really great ideas from several folks so, hopefully, the spring version will be bigger and better.

Thanks for stopping by and keep your eyes open for the springtime announcement.

Date: Saturday, November 6

Depart from Manchester at 9:00 (location TBD)

Stop 1: George Dickel's - I have contacted their tour office and they will be ready. We'll be divided into two groups.

Stop 2: Jack Daniel's - On their calendar. We'll be divided into two groups.

Stop 3: Prichard's - I have talked to them and they do tours. We'll be divided into two groups.

Stop 4? Hero-Gear - I've talked to Joe and he's agreeable to staying open a little longer that Saturday, if necessary, so we can stop by.

I've decided not to arrange the tastings but I'm working on an extra surprise in it's place.

Our lunch stop will be Marvin's Family Restaurant in Fayetteville. It's an all-you-can-eat buffet (can anyone say fried chicken).

I talked to the bus company again today and we're good there.

Things seem to be falling into place. We just need a few more folks to show interest (I have 20 right now).

I really need to know if anyone else is interested.

This trip is six weeks away and the bus is not even half full.

Original Post:

I've had an idea rattling around in my head for a while and I think I'm ready to try to pull it together.

My idea is to work up a three distillery tour (George Dickel, Jack Daniels and Prichard's) with possibly a late lunch/early dinner stop somewhere along the way. We'll probably leave from the Tullahoma area and this will be a fall tour.

The tours are free at George and Jack's and I'm not sure on Prichard's just yet. The only costs involved should be for transportation and the meal. My plan is Dutch treat on the meal and I've found a charter bus company that I'll be contacting to get a quote. Right now, it looks like the bus cost will be approximately $15 per person and there will be only 48 spots available. I also plan to contact each distillery to inquire about tastings or any other large group perks.

I know you can do these tours on your own but why not enjoy a fall day-trip with like-minded individuals. Post if you're interested in participating and I'll post as details are firmed up.

Edited by Loon160T
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By October the only days I'll have open are Sundays and Mondays, and those days are still maybes. I realize that these days are a no go for most due to the typical work schedule and I'm not expecting the schedule to be bent solely for my convenience, just saying.

The World Championship BBQ will be at Jack Daniels on 23 October. I doubt that would be a good time to take a group down there because there is so many people the tours are usually rushed and generally not as good as a non-BBQ weekend. But I will be down there that weekend anyway.

If my schedule allows it, it sounds great to me.

I would need a little better then a month notice to be able to plan but it does sound good. I was already planning on Jack Daniels this fall anyways, it would save me some driving. Might be fun to have a TGO group. Make sure the Bus has a GUN Friendly policy.

Spouses, girlfriends or both are welcome too. Just let me know in your post so I can keep an semi-accurate headcount.

well for me, I can't go if she can't go. Like I said, I do need a bit over a month notice but after I notced here is the big thing. Where would the bus leave from?

UPDATE

Date: Saturday, November 6 or Saturday, November 13

Depart from Manchester at 9:00 (location TBD)

Stop 1: George Dickel's - I have contacted their tour office and they will be ready. We'll be divided into two groups.

Stop 2: Jack Daniel's - I haven't talked to anyone yet since the contact person is out until tomorrow.

Stop 3: Prichard's - I have talked to them and they do tours. We'll be divided into two groups.

We'll have a lunch stop in Lynchburg or a dinner stop in Winchester depending on what the group wants to do. However, we'll decide which well before the tour date.

I have also talked to the bus company and I think we're good there. The lady said she needed to check to make sure there wasn't any issues with carrying. She is supposed to call me Monday if there is a problem with that.

Things seem to be falling into place. We just need a few more folks to show intrest (I have 17 right now).