GSG-5 .22

Links2k

I found out that the company that makes these lost in court and is no longer allowed to make these guns, but they can still sell their existing inventory. Does anyone own one and are they as much fun to shoot as the MP 15-22? I am getting another 15-22 MOE and I was thinking of picking up a GSG-5 while I am at the store. Thanks for any input.

LInks2k

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat guns, the newer ones are more solid then the first gen.....i had to send my back for a bunch of "repairs/upgrades" however they did give me a brand new barrel shroud (mine didnt have one when i got it), new rear sight(i took it off when I shipped it), a neat ATI hat, and a really sweet gsg keychain. I say buy one!

Guest BRad704

I was at Classic Arms in Memphis this weekend and a couple was in there buying one... really sweet looking gun! I would probably buy one before an MP15-22, but that is based solely on the fact that my brother already has the MP15-22...

Yes BUY ONE!!! I just recently bought one. (A couple of weeks ago used.) It has got to be one of the funniest guns I have shot in a long time. My sons LOVE it!! :hat:

I had two failures to feed, but it was because my son wasn't dropping the bolt. He was slowing it down by holding on to it. Once I showed him what he was doing It was all good. It was bone dry when I bought it and dirty. I should have cleaned it but was in a hurry. Did a quick swab down the barrel and through some oil on a tooth brush and gave the chamber a quick scrub and off we went!

I just orderd two more mags from CDNN for $26.99 together + $5.99 shipping. G&L has a parts kit for about $15 bucks I think in case you just want to have some extra springs and stuff.

We ran about 300ish rounds through it. No real problems. Ran Remington and Federal's through it just fine.

It has some weight to it which is nice. I have shot an MP5 with a full stock full auto, and weight wise it reminded me of it. One thing it did do was make me want a MP5 9mm Clone! Hahahaha!!

In retrospect if I had the extra money... I think I would have rather have bout a pistol and SBR'd it, added a full stock, then saved for a suppressor. :D Mine has a fake can that slides over the barrel. Can't say how easy they are to clean, I still have to take mine apart.

I couldn't believe how much fun it is to shoot!!

GET ONE!!