Bought my first Glock

walton6467

Took the wife to Guns and Leather yesterday. Her first trip. Before we went to the range, I rented a Glock 26 because I'd never shot a Glock before. After emptying several boxes of Walmart's finest ammunition, I came back upstairs to the store and traded my Ruger and some bump for a new Glock. I'm very pleased. Even the wife is happy for me.

69l0mt.jpg

Edited by walton6467
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

So you bought a 26?

I bought a Glock 19 2nd generation about six months ago, and it has become my favorite gun. I now carry it every day. I had been one of the notorious Glock-Haters for many years, carrying revolvers, then Springfield XD's exclusively. I shot a friend's Glock a couple years ago, and decided I still didn't like them. Fast forward to this G19. I bought it on a whim, and put 1,000 or so rounds through it. Eventually I got used to the grip angle and the trigger. It is now so very natural to me that my XD's are gathering dust because they just feel awkward to me.

Oh, and you are obligated by TGO by-laws to post pics of any new gun reported on the board. ;)

oh man, you are going to hate your G26. You should sell it to me for 300 and cut your losses ;)

In all seriousness, the 26 is an excellent choice. Like Bronker I carry a 19 every day and love it. Next on my list of Glocks is a 17, 26, or 23. What kind of holster are you planning on getting?

In all seriousness, the 26 is an excellent choice. Like Bronker I carry a 19 every day and love it. Next on my list of Glocks is a 17, 26, or 23. What kind of holster are you planning on getting?

I have an OWB Blackhawk. Like everyone else, I'll have SIX holsters before its all said and done. I want to go into the holster business.

Guest trigem

Congratulations :puke:

I've carried the Glock 27 for 1.5 years & love it

Just bought the Glock 19 Gen4 & the 22 Gen4

Range report, happy with those also, no problems

They are scary looking guns:tinfoil: and the bad guys panic when they meet them face too face:koolaid:

Guest RedFive

My wife just shot a Glock 17 for the 1st time yesterday. She had been thinking that she wants an Ruger LCP .380, but after one magazine in the G17 she said she wants to carry a 9mm Glock instead! The 17 is a little bigger than she wants but she thinks the G19 might be about right.

Congratulations. I got my first Glock a few weeks ago. I traded in my FNP-9 for a Glock 34. I didn't care for the trigger nor the feel all that much at first. It did shoot well though. After putting around a 1000 plus rounds through with zero problems, I am really enjoying mine. It is a fantastic gun. I hope you enjoy your new Glock as much as I am enjoying mine.

Got the +2 mag extension, but can only get one extra bullet in the mag. Gotta find me an inexpensive IWB holster and I'll be set. BTW, pic is up. I'd love to know where people would recommend buying (and NOT buying) aftermarket and extras for Glocks.

Guest The Highlander

For an inexpensive but quality holster, I used to recommend Don Hume. However, I'm a little peeved they will not respond to a problem I'm having currently, so maybe I shouldn't point you in their direction. Don't scrimp on holsters or belts. Look at the Galco line as well, they have good stuff for about any gun. You will also find there are some EXCELLENT smaller makers around as well.

My wife picked out a G26 as her carry gun many years ago, and I fell in love with them after shooting hers. I own several now, and carry one or the other 95% of the time. I shoot Glocks in 9mm, 10mm, .45 ACP, and .357 SIG. I have never had a failure of any one of my Glocks. Ever.

As for aftermarket stuff, not sure if you mean things like grip extenders and grip condoms (Brownell's, Midway and others) or things like custom barrels and other parts (Lone Wolf Distributors, Glockparts) but there are a bunch out there for Glocks. Another nice accessory is a .22lr conversion kit, the best seems to be from Advantage Arms, although I haven't tried any of the others.

Good Glocking!

The Highlander

:) Perty Gun! I have always wanted one, but was not blessed with brick chunking paws, therefore feel as if a Glock will blow right out of my hands (especially if ever in a one handed situation). They never have the times I have shot them, just feel that way and want to feel 100% comfortable shooting a weapon of choice.

Congratulations on your first Glock. I reckon they are not for everybody although I for the life of me cannot see why. The very first time I put one in my hand was a first Gen G17 back in 1989. I hit a Pepsi can at about ten yards every shot until the mag was empty. I went the next week and bought me one just like it. I've since had about three dozen Glocks and will never be without one. My favorite size is the 19/23 and my EDC is a customized G23.

:hat: Perty Gun! I have always wanted one, but was not blessed with brick chunking paws, therefore feel as if a Glock will blow right out of my hands (especially if ever in a one handed situation). They never have the times I have shot them, just feel that way and want to feel 100% comfortable shooting a weapon of choice.

Hey my 5'0" wife loved shooting it. She said it was more comfy than the smaller Keltec PF9 we were also shooting that day.

Congrats on the new Glock. I've owned about a dozen or so different Glocks and they all had one thing in common - they were 110% reliable out of the box. I've had some other nice guns, but not to the same level of reliability.

Hey my 5'0" wife loved shooting it. She said it was more comfy than the smaller Keltec PF9 we were also shooting that day.

Oh sure, make me feel like less of a man. I feel like that guy on the burger king commercial now that cant grip the whopper! LOL

I just have always preferred to have such a grip on a gun that it feels small in my hand rather than chunky. Thats one think I like about the sr9 line. I prefer that slim grip.

The PF9 was brutal to shoot to me for some reason. Not necessarily "painful" but just not fun. Had a slightly larger Taurus 709 Slim that seemed much more controllable.

Oh sure, make me feel like less of a man. I feel like that guy on the burger king commercial now that cant grip the whopper! LOL.

6psqbl.jpg

I'd love to go shooting, but........

Sorry dude. Too easy. If it makes it better, wifey pinched a tiny blood blister on her finger between the mag and the end of the grip and you'd think she lost a digit.

Guest achingass

my first glock was a 26 and i traded it for a 17 with my uncle. i used 15 round mags and they make a filler for the smaller space between the grip and the bottom of the mag. for some reason i could shoot better with the 26 than the 17, and i do have man hands. might have to get another 26.