What do you think of your Sig P250 in 9mm??????

Guest Glock23ForMe

Guest Glock23ForMe

What's happening fellow TGO'ers?!

With my birthday coming up, I'm thinking about my next handgun purchase. I really want a 9mm, because they are cheaper to shoot without having to go to a .22 or something of the sort. So.. What do you think about it?

Dislikes:

Improvements:

Would you purchase it again:

Wanna sell it cheap (:up:):

Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rented one at CCA a few months ago. Definitely not a bad gun. Have you shot a gun with a DAO trigger before? It takes a little getting used to. I think there are other options that I would choose before this. If it's going to be mainly a recreational gun then I would look into a Glock 17 or 19. You already have a 23 so if you bought a 19 you could use the same holster if you ever wanted to carry it.

Some other options you might consider if you just want a fun shooter are these.

Beretta PX4 Storm Type F 9mm 17 round $459.00 SHIPS FREE

Springfield 9mm ESSENTIAL PACKAGE Black $439.00 SHIPS FREE

Definitely not saying you should rule out the Sig, I just don't know that you would enjoy shooting it after shooting your 23. Food for thought

Guest Glock23ForMe

Honestly, I was trying to expand the horizon from my Glock. I love my 23, but, I kinda wanted to get something else, just to see what the rest of the world was like. What's the big difference in the DAO trigger?

Honestly, I was trying to expand the horizon from my Glock. I love my 23, but, I kinda wanted to get something else, just to see what the rest of the world was like. What's the big difference in the DAO trigger?

I hear what you're saying. Double action only trigger is just loooooong. Much different than a striker fired pistol like a glock. Long isn't necessarily bad, just different.(please spare the, that's what she said jokes)

Guest Glock23ForMe

Yeah, I'd like to rent one and shoot it a little bit before I bought it. One of my friends has 2 Sig 9mm, but I'm not sure which one... I'll try to find out

Guest malbolja

I love my 250. I had a few light primer strikes at first, FMJ only, never had one with defense ammo (CorBon, Speer). Then I tried Wolf and got a LOT of LPS. I shimmed the mainspring with 2 #6 lock washers per Sigfreund over at Sigforum, and all is well. Very easy to do and very little change in trigger pull weight. The trigger is VERY light and smooth - enough to take a lot of getting used to for a guy who is accustomed to traditional Sig DA/SA.

The 250 carries very well for a pistol its size. I bought mine early on and ended up with a Blade Tech UCH simply because there weren't many holsters available for the 250 at the time. AWESOME holster. The combo very quickly became my primary carry setup, replacing the 229/Milt Sparks VMII.

Edited by malbolja

I was planning on buying a 250 then started reading on sigforum.com about the nice triggers on the SigPro 2022 which is Sig's other polymer framed handgun. I ended up buying the 2022 (around $500) because it has the external hammer and can be fired in single or double action, but you also have the option of making it double action only. Another perk is it comes with night sights. I love shooting the gun and it is the most accurate gun I have. I have put 1,100 rounds through it and it is also my carry gun now. I think it would be a good option for you to work your way into a DAO gun if that's what you think you may want in the future.

I ended up buying the 2022 (around $500) because it has the external hammer and can be fired in single or double action, but you also have the option of making it double action only..

EasTenn how does the trigger system work in the 2022. I have a Sig 226 in DA/SA and I love it. Is the 2022 a standard Sig DA/SA that converts to DAO? Been trying to decide between a 2022, 229 or 250, but haven't been able to handle anything but the 229 so far.

JMB, yes the 2022 is the standard SA/DA. It does require an extra piece to convert it to DAO, which they told me came with the gun but I didn't see it in the box. I didn't check into it any further as I like having the SA option.

Since you already have a 226 I would get either the 250 or 2022 since they are both polymer frames and substantially less expensive. Like I previously stated, the kicker for me towards the 2022 was SA/DA and factory night sights, but I can see how the 250 in subcompact model would make a nice carry piece. If you read around some on sigforum.com there are a lot of positive thoughts on the 2022, most say it is sigs best kept secret.

I was not a big fan of the 250 and thought it was a bad move for Sig. I held one at the last gun show in Knoxville and I have to say I really liked it. It has one of the smoothest trigger pulls I have felt on a DAO gun. It felt a little longer than a Glock or other polymer DAO. I think it was closer to the Kahr PM or P trigger, which I like on my PM40. Grip was very comfortable and size was nice too. It felt a lot smaller than the 2022 and 229.

I have to say that it is on my list of guns now. At $399 from Buds I don't think you can beat it. That's almost $100 cheaper than most other polymer guns on the market.