AR trigger job

JeffsSig

I took an older trigger and did this 15 min trigger job on just to see how it did.

I was rather shocked to see it works good. The pull was dropped a lot and the trigger is smoother at the break. Not as good as the RRA or other triggers I have but worth the time.

Real easy to do.

A tip.... On the short side hammer spring start with about a 1/2 inch and work down to the 1/4 if you need to.

15 Minute Practical Trigger Job for the AR-15

Next I am going to do this one:

Junk Yard Genius.com AR-15/M-16 Pages, page 1.

:D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would politely have to disagree with both these procedures. In my Armorers calss we discussed trigger jobs and were given detailed instructions on how to do a trigger job and I've since done trigger jobs to all by builds and now friends AR's who have shot mine, my procedure and the way I was trained and certified was to gently stone the hammer and sear surfaces with a very fine stone just to remove the machining marks, stonning in the direction the the hammer and sear funtion against each other being careful no to change any angle or the edges of the hammer and sear. I them polish both machined surfaces with a bench polishing wheel (no Dremel tools) to a mirror finish. And finally adding a J P Enterprises AR-15 Reduced Power Spring Kit from Brownells ($9.99) All my builds have functioned 100% flawlessly and my trigger has no creep, a crisp break and a very light trigger pull. I've used stock RRA lower parts kits for all my builds. The only problem I have now is every time one of my buddies shoots my AR I get asked to do a trigger job to their AR!!!! Didn't mean to jack your thread Jeff in any way so take this a my opinion from my experiences..... COOP

Coop Pm me and Ill toss you a 10% off code. ( have to make a sell)(LOL) IF you will try these 2 trigger jobs and give an honest onion.

Now on to an update.

Update:

I have done both the changes set forth in the 2 links.

The outcome I think is GREAT. So much so I will be tossing the Rock River 2 stage NM trigger I just bought.

I now have a light trigger (not sure of the pound pull) with almost zero travel and it breaks very clean and sharp.

Total time spent to get it how I like it was about 1 1/2 hour.

A side note these are my try at doing any trigger jobs. So I think most anyone can do this.