what's your everyday beer?

Mike.357

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life's too short to drink cheap beer, which is only good for cooking. And I'm a lightweight, a 6 pack lasts me at least a week. The "pick 6" at Food City and Kroger might be one of the 21st century's greatest ideas. Variety is the spice of life...

New Belgium Fat Tire

New Belgium 1554

New Belgium Skinny Dip

Sam Adams Lager

Sam Adams Light

Sam Adams Seasonal

Heineken

Magic Hat #9

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan

Smithwicks

Blue Moon

Full Moon

Honey Moon

Yuengling Light

Yuengling Black and Tan

Guinness

Sam Smith's Nutbrown Ale

... the list goes on.

beer-selection.jpg

Edited by peejman
Added pic as per revised requirements....
Guest Drewsett

Some of my favorites

Yazoo Sly Rye Porter

Yazoo Dos Perros

Bluegrass Brewing Co. American Pale Ale

Bluegrass Brewing Co. Hell for Certain Porter

Yuengling Black and Tan

New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale

New Belgium Fat Tire

(actually just about everything New Belgium makes is darn good)

Dos Perros and Yuengling Black and Tan is probably what I drink the most of, but that's just because those two are cheaper or more readily available than the others.

I agree with peejman about drinking cheap beer.

Dam you guys are going to give me Hell

I don't always drink beer, cause I can't afford to drink what I want all the time

but when drink beer I prefer.

guinness-draft1.jpg

However, I never complain over any other beer.

That just happens to be my first pick, but I will drink any beer pretty much.

Until I saw this post I thought the title had been a mistake and you guys were asking what was your everyday water :P

Guiness is my first choice as well along with any porters or dark beers. But i have been known to drink a Bud Light Lime now and then :)

Guest Drewsett

Well if you made me pick one then Yazoo Dos Perros

dos-big.png

But I say the rest of you are Beer Bigots!

I don't discriminate :lol:

Edited by Drewsett

Hmmmm.

Hot, sticky weather = Bud light Lime. Cool, refreshing & easy to drink.

Any other time = Newcastle Brown.

newcastlebrown_bottle_beer.jpg

One thing I miss about England is the beer. A good, dark Bitter (Theakston's for preference) with an inch thick head, so creamy that you could float a horseshoe on it, served cold (despite all rumors to the contrary.

best_bitter.png

Edited by robtattoo
Guest Michael Kelly
Those are good. When I have some I'll have that, or dos xx amber or Killians.

Maybe it's because I am getting a little older, but for some odd reason Killians Red gives me the worst damn hangover. I don't have to drink more than my usual 2 beers and the next morning it feels like Brahma Bull has kicked me in the head and **** in my mouth. Killians taste good but not good enough to put up with that in the morning.

As far as Mexican beer I like Sol, used to be able to get it when I lived in Alabama, but around here I can't find any.

Yuengling or Fat Tire as a spring/summer staple

Guinness or Murphy's Stout as a fall/winter staple

PBR when I'm on a budget

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale or Stone Ruination when I'm craving the hops.

Two of the best brews I wish were distributed in TN are from Great Lakes Brewing:

Great Lakes Brewing Company: Beers - "An Exceptional Family of Beers."

Eliot Ness Amber Lager

Dortmunder Gold (this is what a pale lager should taste like...I'm lookin' at you BudMilCoors!)