POF-USA?

Smith

Due to recent home repair issues I listed my MSAR STG556 with an E4 stock for sale. Got an interesting offer for a fairly new (300 rnds) POF-USA 416 upper on a Double Star lower that included a CMMG .22 conversion bolt and mag. Well, I traded figuring I could sale or part out the POF easier and for more than I could have with the STG.

Picked it up Friday and I gotta say I'm impressed with the POF. Thing is well made and the concept seems really solid. I've read a little about them, but wanted to hear feedback from folks who might own one or have tips or tricks to maximize the platform. Any hints on .22 ammo for the conversion?

being that insurance came back surprisingly higher than expected I may keep this one.;) Although I am going to miss the MSAR.:(

Here is a picture (not my picture)

c7c2122e.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

I've got a P308, and my next AR will be a 416 most likely in 6.8

They are great rifles. Extremely tough gas piston system.

Their customer service is great too. Email them and they'll send you a manual.

I'd love you meet up sometime and shoot your 416, and you can try out the 308.

If you put some railcovers on there, I'd recommend the ladder style covers (Ergo, Weaver). They seem to compliment the rifle both in looks and feel.

Does yours have the MMR forend? (Texture coating, etc)

POF-USAP308001.jpg

Edited by JHatmaker

Yeah it definitely needs rail covers. It's not the MMR version. Guy i got it from said he had bought it from POF a year ago and it has the older FH.

Can you change barrels on them your self or is it something that has to be done at the factory? Will they take standard AR barrels? I know everything is user removable, but I couldn't find info on whether the gas port is a standard AR port or different for the POF system. I'd really like a 6.8 barrel!

BTW - you're .308 is SWEET!

Guest JHatmaker
Can you change barrels on them your self or is it something that has to be done at the factory? Will they take standard AR barrels? I know everything is user removable, but I couldn't find info on whether the gas port is a standard AR port or different for the POF system.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that their gas piston system is completely proprietary, so I'm not sure if the port is a standard one. As far as the barrels, I would imagine you could use a standard replacement AR barrel. I know POF's barrels are all heavy/fluted and made to their specs by another company. They don't list individual barrels in their catalog, but I bet you could get one from them or their supplier.