Smith & Wesson 460 XVR

Guest m4coyote

Guest m4coyote

Last week I made a good trade deal on a Smith & Wesson 460 XVR. This is a truly massive revolver, but appears to be exceptionally well made. I have tried searching for this pistol on here, but did not find any user info on it.

Have any of you guys had any experience with this one?

Thanks for any advice!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the .500 and yeah, the X-Frame is massive. OTOH that weight does help soak up some recoil. It really is a versatile round that can take you from powder puff cowboy 45LC loads up through the .454 up to .460 loads that aren't far behind the Big 50 in energy levels. Trajectory is absurdly flat with, for instance, Hornady's 200gr Flex Tip with a MV of 2200fps. Maybe it's because it's really just a .454 Magnum but the .460 doesn't seem to have caught on quite as much as the .500 though obviously not for lack of performance.

Unless you are quite rich or just want to shoot on rare occasions you pretty much have to reload for the .460 or .500.

Guest m4coyote

Thanks for the replies guys! I am excited about reloading for this jewel, and was wondering if you guys have any preferences as to what dies, powders, and bullets to use. I know that the .460 uses a different shell holder than either the .45 long Colt, or the 454 Casul.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.