Are Taurus Slim pt709's fun at the range?

kesava

Now, here is the situation. I have been carrying a 1911 commander. I have also been training and running/biking at night. I really wish I was able to carry more comfortably while riding/running. I think that it would be a combination of holster and gun size.

So my first inclination is check to see if the pt709 is fun at the range. I am interested in the gun because of price and features. Not to mention 9mm is an easy round to find. I can't afford to buy it straight out, so I would be trading my 24/7 pro .40 for it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife carry's the 709 slim and loves it. not to mention she really likes shooting it. we haven't been able to shoot it alot but she prefers it over my Glock or 1911. it has alot of user friendly features and is fairly accurate.

I found a decent deal on these here in Tn, pm me if interested and I'll give you the guys contact info.(not sure if I can just post it in an open forum)

Guest 1817ak47

mine works great. there is a 1st and 2nd gen. I have let 5 other shoot mine and they all liked it. the lady liked it enough that we each have one. I wear 30x30 pants and pocket carry mine w/o problems however mine is a stainless one. recoil is not at al bad and nothing like the keltec 9mm pistols. I highly recommend trying one out, but 2nd gen not 1st, as the 2nd gen had alot more refinement nad better features. I had a nice write-up (sort of) about these a while back

Hello all. I'm new to the group. Just bought a Slim a few weeks ago and love it. By the way, Academy Sports has some great prices. I bought the stainless steel model at the price of the blue version. It also cme with a Bulldog 2 pistol gun bag. I think it was right at $350.00.

Guest peacexxl

Yes. Once you get the sites dialed in, it is a blast, especially if you add a hogue handall jr to soften up the recoil a little bit. But even without the hogue it handles recoil much better than you'd think for a gun of its size. Mine (my wife's actually) is one of the ones that does not like WWB, so I don't feed it WWB. Eats whatever else I feed it and spits out the seeds right where I tell it to.