And the moon isn't even full.

The Rabbi

Sometimes you really hit pay dirt in the gun business for funny stories to share.

So the phone rings:

Me: "Eastside."

Customer: Hello? I want to ask about a gun.

OK. Which one?

-It's a .45 with a stainless finish and kind of yellow handles. You know the one I'm talking about? I want to buy it and my bank will finance it.

-I'm not sure I know which gun you mean.

-It's a 1911

-OK. What do you want to know about it?

-How much would one be?

-Do you have a make or model?

-I didnt know other people made 1911s.

-No, Springfield, Colt, Smith & Wesson all make them.

-In the stainless?

-Yes, stainless is a common finish.

-Well, how much would one be?

-They could be anywhere from $600 to $1,000.

-What would the payments be on that?

-I don't finance guns.

-You dont? Well, I would need this financed. OK, thanks.

-click-

Yesterday, some kid drove from Bell Buckle up here to buy a gun. He flunked the background check. When I told him that and began on how to appeal he said "never mind the appeal" and walked out. Why would you drive 2 hours knowing you couldn't buy a gun?

No end of entertainment over here.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
he probably thinks it is a city check...next he will be in Memphis trying...

What a dummy. Doesn't he know it's a state check? He should go out of state for his handgun purchases! :rofl:

Guest TargetShooter84

Poor Kiddo....but you are right, whats the point of driving 2 hours to get denied? He ought to know of his crime or "mistakes". I heard nothing about the post about buying from a gun show parking lot, haha

wine with the cute little animal on the label

You want badger's, giraffe's, little penguin's, zebra's? Man the list could go on for about forever.

anyway Rabbi, I thought Manichewitz would be more your style.:rofl::shrug:

That kid is just as bad as you past story about people missing your closing time and then not having the money the next business day. If you want the gun and you are legal appealing is the answer. I will go on a limb and say he was not legal. Either that or your shop has a rep, yikes!

You want badger's, giraffe's, little penguin's, zebra's? Man the list could go on for about forever.

anyway Rabbi, I thought Manichewitz would be more your style.:mad::P

That kid is just as bad as you past story about people missing your closing time and then not having the money the next business day. If you want the gun and you are legal appealing is the answer. I will go on a limb and say he was not legal. Either that or your shop has a rep, yikes!

I would vote for he was not legal, knew it, but figured he would try it anyway because you never know, he might just squeak through.

I do have people asking me "do you run a background check when you sell a gun?" I always answer I am federally licensee and required to do so.

Of course for the right money......

I AM KIDDING!!!!!:D

Guest triggertime
I work for a music store and once had a customer call in asking for a time machine. It turns out he wanted a metronome.

I would have told him yes, but to make it work, you'd have to special order

a flux capacitor out of Minneapolis and that would take a couple of weeks....

Guest GlockFD

you have no idea the caliber of stupid people are out there until you have worked in the emergency services, fire, EMS or law enforcement. man i am just blown awya all the time with things people come up with.

I would vote for he was not legal, knew it, but figured he would try it anyway because you never know, he might just squeak through.

not the brightest bulb in the fixture for sure. How dumb does someone have to be to think that a legitimate firearms dealer is not going to follow the law in regards to sales of guns. I dunno, maybe he was in the neighborhood hoping to find a FTF sale and saw you store.

Guest ETS_Inc

I had a customer order and pay for a suppressor, but couldn't pass the BATFE background check, due to a domestic violence charge in the early '80's. Of course, I made him aware of the legal requirements before he paid for it, and said he was good-to-go. Unfortunately for him, I have a policy that if you order an NFA item, and in doing so attempt to commit a crime, you forfeit your money. His loss, my gain.

We need chlorine in the gene pool, for sure.

Sadly, chlorine won't help. The gene pool is stagnant for sure. The main culprit is, ironically named, a rather filthy bacteria called stupiococcus.

This bacteria has absolutely no intelligence. Amazingly it manages to survive and reproduce.

Once the bacteria has infected a gene pool, (mainly human) it propagates itself into the host genes. Thus producing in the offspring the uncanny ability to avoid death when engaged in otherwise dangerous activities.

Furthermore in case studies, the offspring displays an inherent lack of reasoning abilities, severe self pity, resentment of others achievement often demanding that they should be rewarded most if not all of the other being's earned achievement, citing misfortune and social position. An extreme dependence on the governing structure is exhibited. Accepts no responsibility for it's actions, relying on the government to make restitution.

The longer the infection draws on, more and more of the afflicted beings will infiltrate the higher social structures and governing bodies in an attempt to coerce the rest of the population to concede it's authority. Thus ensuring it's future survival.

The proper diagnosis of this infection is liberal dumbassititis.

There is no known cure.

Just thought y'all might want to know....

Guest bkelm18
I had a customer order and pay for a suppressor, but couldn't pass the BATFE background check, due to a domestic violence charge in the early '80's. Of course, I made him aware of the legal requirements before he paid for it, and said he was good-to-go. Unfortunately for him, I have a policy that if you order an NFA item, and in doing so attempt to commit a crime, you forfeit your money. His loss, my gain.

It's actually a crime to try and buy (through legal means) an NFA item knowing that you won't be approved for it?