Glock 22 3rd gen.

Guest Keinengel

Guest Keinengel

I had a trade offer for one of these and it seems like a pretty good deal but im skeptical about jumping on the glock bandwagon. I'm not really a tactical junkie when it comes to my handguns nor would I be interested in upgrading it. so from that stand point I'd just like a few opinions since im a glock noob.

1. I'd be trading a 9mm for a .40S&W, are there any major diferences I'd need to be aware of beside recoil? Such as ammo cost, ballistic diferences, Etc.

2. I'f its not the right handgun for me, how would the resale/trade value on this gun hold up? It's in LNIB condition with 3 mags.

I would be trading a very good condition Beretta 92FS with some extras for it. Does this seem like a good trade?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cheez

Glocks hold their value as good or better than any other handgun on the market. 40 is a little more expensive than 9mm but not prohibitively more. Ballistically there is a major difference in the two calibers. Matter of fact the overwhelming majority of law enforcement in the US carries the Glock 22. The Beretta is a bit more expensive than the Glock when both guns are new but used they equal out pretty much. A LNIB G22 with three mags and factory box will readily bring around $500. A LNIB Beretta 92FS will push hard to bring $450. Glocks are far more popular than the Beretta. I'm not saying the Beretta is a bad gun by any means. They are great but the Glock, well it's a Glock. The only real determining factor in the trade would be what the extras are. Typically used accessories of any kind lose value very quickly after purchasing new. The only way I could say if the trade was good would be to know what the extras you have are.

Guest Keinengel

A serpa holster (belt clip only), 4 mags hogue grips and some speer gold dots. It's looking more and more like a good idea every second, lol.

See if you can shoot it first. Glocks do not fit everybody and a lot of folks do not like the fit and feel of them.

40 S&W is a little more expensive and reloading helps in that department.

A lot of good ammo for 40 out there.

Having said that I own a couple or three Glocks in 40 S&W. I think they are very good handguns!

Guest FroggyOne2

They are good weapons for their purpose.. I agree, they don't work for everyone.. didn't work for me. I have to have a pistol that is a flat in the back of the hand grip.

Glocks hold their value as good or better than any other handgun on the market. 40 is a little more expensive than 9mm but not prohibitively more. Ballistically there is a major difference in the two calibers. Matter of fact the overwhelming majority of law enforcement in the US carries the Glock 22. The Beretta is a bit more expensive than the Glock when both guns are new but used they equal out pretty much. A LNIB G22 with three mags and factory box will readily bring around $500. A LNIB Beretta 92FS will push hard to bring $450. Glocks are far more popular than the Beretta. I'm not saying the Beretta is a bad gun by any means. They are great but the Glock, well it's a Glock. The only real determining factor in the trade would be what the extras are. Typically used accessories of any kind lose value very quickly after purchasing new. The only way I could say if the trade was good would be to know what the extras you have are.

+1

See if you can shoot it first. Glocks do not fit everybody and a lot of folks do not like the fit and feel of them.

X2

I love my G22, but there are several others that feel better to me. Trigger pull is also something I'm not too fond of, but at least there's the option of upgraded triggers. Also if you can, pull the slide off and make sure everything is in good working order internally. Other than that, I personally would definately make the trade, but then again I've never cared much for Barettas.

Guest Keinengel

Well here she is...img00500o.jpg

My pics suck since they were taken by my phone so it doesnt show the details of the finish very well. But all in all its in excellent overall condition. :poop: I can't wait till I have the time to take it to the range!

I did a similar traade about a year ago and have not regreted it one time. I personally like the 22 better than the Baretta 92. Nothing against it, but the g22 just plain shoots better for me. I don't think you'll regret one you shoot a few rounds.