New Member here

Guest Michael Kelly

Guest Michael Kelly

I live in Lewisburg Tn. I recently purchased my first handgun. A Springfield XD-M 45 4.5 inch barrell all black. I have been enjoying shooting it when I can. The only problem I have is that there are no open ranges anywhere nearby. There is a gun club in Columbia, but when I checked their website they aren't open very much during the week and being that I work weekends it sort of defeats the purpose of joining a club and paying a fee.

I would like to get a couple of bits of information if anyone is feeling generous. First, is there a range near lewisburg where I can go and just pay for the use of the facility.

Second, my pistol came with two clips,(13 round, no extention) and I would like to buy another. Does anyone know where I could purchase one in person instead of online? I don't like paying shipping fees.

Thanks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

Welcome!

First, they are magazines, not clips. Magazines hold the rounds for the gun. Clips are an aid to load the magazine. I would check with the listed Gun Shops in our Vendors section. Also, you can email Springfield Armory and ask where magazines are available. It is a new model, so there may be a delay in the magazines hitting the market.

sales@springfield-armory.com

As for places to shoot. Well. If you want Indoor shooting - Go with Guns and Leather in Greenbrier, TN Not too close to Columbia, but a good range, with a good gun shop attached.

For Outdoor Range, I go to Manchester, to Terry Walden's place. $5 all day. Dawn til Dusk. 50m pistol and 300m rifle range. (931) 728-0223. It is not well kept, but it will do. Please do call, as they have pistol tournaments down there, so the range may be closed for those events. Terry is also a gunsmith and has a shop there.

How does the XD-M shoot? Been wondering how long it would be before the "M" version of the 45 arrived.

Guest Michael Kelly
Welcome!

First, they are magazines, not clips. Magazines hold the rounds for the gun. Clips are an aid to load the magazine. I would check with the listed Gun Shops in our Vendors section. Also, you can email Springfield Armory and ask where magazines are available. It is a new model, so there may be a delay in the magazines hitting the market.

sales@springfield-armory.com

As for places to shoot. Well. If you want Indoor shooting - Go with Guns and Leather in Greenbrier, TN Not too close to Columbia, but a good range, with a good gun shop attached.

For Outdoor Range, I go to Manchester, to Terry Walden's place. $5 all day. Dawn til Dusk. 50m pistol and 300m rifle range. (931) 728-0223. It is not well kept, but it will do. Please do call, as they have pistol tournaments down there, so the range may be closed for those events. Terry is also a gunsmith and has a shop there.

How does the XD-M shoot? Been wondering how long it would be before the "M" version of the 45 arrived.

First of all, I don't live in columbia. I live in Lewisburg. I have been going to shoot at Gun City in Nashville. I was looking for something closer to bring down the expense of time and money (gas ).

I did look on the Springfield Armory site and they require me to give them my telephone number. Personally I don't have a problem with giving out an e-mail adress. When I ge unwanted e-mails I block the sender, no muss no fuss. However I don't like being required to hand over my phone number. Gives me the impression that they might sell it and then I am fielding phone solicitation calls from who knows where.

Lastly, since you are one of "those" people who feel the need to point out such small tedious points as the differense between clip and magazine I doubt very seriously that you would take my word for it as to whether or not the XD-M shoots well. Go buy one yourself expert.

Guest Michael Kelly
Welcome.....but i am not help with your questions at the moment.

Thanks for the welcome. No big deal, just wondering if anyone here knew of a range closer to Lewisburg than the one I am currently using in Nashville.

Guest HvyMtl

Ah well. Lewisburg not Columbia. Sorry. You mentioned both in your post. As for Gun City. I am not a fan. Go to Guns and leather for indoor pistol range - well ventilated and a definite upgrade from Gun City.

What I do when someone asks for my phone #, I either write in "unlisted" or all 9s - then in the comment section advise my # is unlisted. Havent had any problems with responses.

Guest Michael Kelly
Ah well. Lewisburg not Columbia. Sorry. You mentioned both in your post. As for Gun City. I am not a fan. Go to Guns and leather for indoor pistol range - well ventilated and a definite upgrade from Gun City.

What I do when someone asks for my phone #, I either write in "unlisted" or all 9s - then in the comment section advise my # is unlisted. Havent had any problems with responses.

Guns and Leather is another 24 minutes through the heart of Nashville for me. I think I will stick with Gun City. I am happy with the service I have recieved there from the staff.

I broke down and ordered my extra magazine (I looked it up) from Springfield Arms. Even with the outrageous $10.00 shipping fee I won't be paying any more than I would if I bought it from a local gun dealer or sporting goods store. I also noticed that they do have a space for comments on their order form. I requested that they not sell or trade my phone # or email adress. I'll just have to see how that works out for me. I do have a method for handling phone solicitors. I simply curse at them til they hang up and find the process rather cathartic.

Thanks

Michael

There's a range I've heard good things about in Franklin. It's called Uselton Arms and has an indoor range (Uselton Arms Shooting Sports - Indoor Shooting Range - Franklin, TN). It's closer to you than Nashville. If Murfreesboro is closer, you might try OnTarget (Indoor Shooting Range Firearms & Concealed Carry Permit Classes - Murfreesboro, TN - On Target Indoor Gun Range).

Starting on Aug. 15th, Yanahli WMA Firing Range is open on Wednesdays from noon to 6pm if that helps. It's run by the TWRA, so it's cheap and safe.

Fee required: Adult (age 16 or older - $5.50 for 2 hours), Youth (under 16 years of age - $1.50 for 2 hours). Permits are Type 48 (adults) and Type 49 (youth).

Directions: Located at 1780 New Lewisburg Highway. From Nashville, take I-65 to Exit 37. Drive toward Columbia. The range is on the east side of Fountain Creek and the south side of Highway 50 (Lewisburg Highway).

Guest Michael Kelly
There's a range I've heard good things about in Franklin. It's called Uselton Arms and has an indoor range (Uselton Arms Shooting Sports - Indoor Shooting Range - Franklin, TN). It's closer to you than Nashville. If Murfreesboro is closer, you might try OnTarget (Indoor Shooting Range Firearms & Concealed Carry Permit Classes - Murfreesboro, TN - On Target Indoor Gun Range).

Starting on Aug. 15th, Yanahli WMA Firing Range is open on Wednesdays from noon to 6pm if that helps. It's run by the TWRA, so it's cheap and safe.

Fee required: Adult (age 16 or older - $5.50 for 2 hours), Youth (under 16 years of age - $1.50 for 2 hours). Permits are Type 48 (adults) and Type 49 (youth).

Directions: Located at 1780 New Lewisburg Highway. From Nashville, take I-65 to Exit 37. Drive toward Columbia. The range is on the east side of Fountain Creek and the south side of Highway 50 (Lewisburg Highway).

I drive past that range all the time. I may be wrong but I didn't think it was open to pistols. I thought it was set up for hunting rifles and shotguns like most other TWRA ranges. I will check into it more closely. If it is open to pistols I will be out there all the time till they shut it down again.

I may be wrong but I didn't think it was open to pistols. I thought it was set up for hunting rifles and shotguns like most other TWRA ranges.

I don't have 1st hand knowledge of this range. I shoot almost every week at a TWRA range b/w La Vergne and Mt. Juliet. I guess I assumed since my local WMA range has a pistol range, they all did. My bad.

I wish mine had a place to shoot shotguns