Registration?

OK, looking for a little help.

I came here from Michigan and am looking at getting permanent Tennessee residency soon (Drivers License / Plates). What firearms, if any, need to be registered at my local PD/Sheriff? In Michigan I only needed to register handguns. I do not have a CPL ....... Yet

Thanks for any info ........

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mother in law who has lived here for near 25 years now thinks there is gun registration. She has asked me a couple of times if mine are registered.

I just tell her no. She expects me to be arrested any time now and I need to get the registered before it happens. LOL

welcome to TN

I do not have a CPL ....... Yet

HCP, handgun carry permit here. You do not have to conceal, but you have to have the permit to carry open or concealed. So we are not exactly free just yet.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest The Highlander

Your guns are allowed here, but we are over our quota on yankees, so you will have to go back home. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

What is gun registration anyway? I'm not familiar with the concept. I also here y'all (you'se guys?) have something called speed limits too. I don't get that either.

By the way, in addition to the Vols, I'm a big Appalachian State fan. You may have heard of the Mountaineers, I believe.

The Highlander

Guest Sgt. Joe
Welcome to TN! The tn.gov site has all the information on drivers license and vehicle registration. While gun registration isn't necessary, becoming a VOLS fan is required within the first six months.

Welcome to Semi-Freedom and high sales tax, our grocery stores even like the idea of sales tax.

But dont believe that last part for a minute, I have been here for 19 years and have thoroughly enjoyed my Gators total DOMINATION of the Vols over those years;)

I do think the VOLS will be surprising some folks this year though.

Guest 1817ak47
my mother in law who has lived here for near 25 years now thinks there is gun registration. She has asked me a couple of times if mine are registered.

I just tell her no. She expects me to be arrested any time now and I need to get the registered before it happens. LOL

welcome to TN

HCP, handgun carry permit here. You do not have to conceal, but you have to have the permit to carry open or concealed. So we are not exactly free just yet.

I have had that happen to me too.
Guest yzfMrLee
Vandy is the way to go. Their players can read and write. They also don't need a large endowment fund for BAIL MONEY!

yeah, that's true they can. Now if we can just teach um football. :shake: Just kidding!

Welcome to TN. Hope you like it here!!

Vandy is the way to go. Their players can read and write. They also don't need a large endowment fund for BAIL MONEY!

:) I love it.

Thanks for the help ........ and comments

It's going to be tough to give up on the U of M ............ As well as being a long time Lions and Tigers fan ............. ( OK, bring on the beating)

Friend, so long as you aren't a Red Wings fan, you'll be fine.

If you are a Wingnut, just keep driving through TN; perhaps you'll be more at home in Georgia, or Mississippi, or some other state. :tough::up:

Thanks for the help ........ and comments

It's going to be tough to give up on the U of M ............ As well as being a long time Lions and Tigers fan ............. ( OK, bring on the beating)

Welcome FIRERESCUE02, even if you are a Wolverine fan :tinfoil: , I am one of the biggest Buckeye fans in the state of Tennessee!!!:tinfoil:

You will love it here!

Guest KustomHD

Well for starters glad to see you got out of the CRAP HOLE STATE, embarassed to say I did live there also. BUT NEVER give up on UofM or TIGERS or RED WINGS now you should become a TITANS FAN LOL . All kidding aside no registration in TN. once you have a TN Drivers Licence you can go down to any gun shop or even Acadamy Sports (1) find a gun (2)do the paperwork (3) pay for the TBI background check BUT if you buy 2 guns at the same time 1 TBI check (4) pay for the gun (5) walk out (6) GO TO THE RANGE ENJOY As far as a HCP take a class then go down to the drivers licence office for your permit. I allready had a CPL from Michigan and was able to transfer to TN. HCP ENJOY TENNESSEE