The Republican party wants to take your Social Security away???

Guest BEARMAN

Guest BEARMAN

I found this today...very interesting read, to say the least.

History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (and some older ones) didn't know this, it's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your family and friends. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are facts.

Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated that the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.

I looked at mine, and it does have that stated on it...FWIW

Read on....

Your Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,

No longer voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65% on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the

general operating fund, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to the General Fund and spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore up to 85% of your Social Security can be taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put away' -- you may be interested in the following:

------------ ---------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically-controlled House and Senate.

------------ ---------

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ ---------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

------------ ---------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country,and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------ -- ------------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA) the Democrats turn around and tell you that the

Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my original card issued in the 60s. It has "Not to be used for Identification" printed on it.

The Republications do not what to take social security away, but most will say the system is unsustainable. I believe we will have 'means" testing in my lifetime.

Guest 6.8 AR
I am not into the stupid party crap. The govt can stop whatever programs they want and let me manage my own money. I don't trust any of them and I don't trust people that trust them.

Why don't you tell the government to let you have it

back? Especially since you don't like all that party crap.

:eek:

It's probably more the ideology that took over that party

than the party itself. Republicans and democrats both

have a group of progressives in their ranks that have

as their goal bigger, more intrusive government.

Social Security never had a trust fund and never was

what it was supposedly set up to be. We would all

be better off without it. It was the grand daddy of

wealth redistribution.

We aren't supposed to trust them. We are supposed to

get the right ones in office and keep their feet to the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest 70below

I contribute to my 401K.......I've always been certain never to see a dime of social security, frankly, I'm not even so sure I'll see any of my 401K when its all said and done. I sure would like to have that social security deduction to put towards my current deduction towards 401K.

Guest BEARMAN

Seems like the illegals get more benefit from it than the natural born American's do.

I'll probably never see a dime of it either, even though I've paid into it (unwillingly) since I've been working, and thats been a long time.

And now, like others...I feel my pidley little 401K is in jeopardy of being hijacked by the Dems and the "followers of redistribution" movement.

I don't see it ending well, for the working folks. IMHO

Guest 6.8 AR

The last Bush at least proposed allowing younger participants to opt out

of Social Security and use their money for investing for retirement.

Evidently a lot of politics and a war got in the way. At least it sounded good

at the time.

Guest 6.8 AR

That's why I said it was just a proposal. I remember it got a lot of press

at the time. In this administration it wouldn't get past a thought, if that.

How was it overturned you ask? Well, Roosevelt strong arming congress circumvented the normal appointing process and got to appoint 7 new SCOTUS justices and 70 state Supreme court justices. Then passed SS again and of course they did not say it was unconstitutional.