Thinking Of Switching To A Revolver For EDC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are all sorts of variations on this, but it depends on what I'm doing, what I'm wearing, where I'm going, and what time of day. I try to stay aware of my surroundings and plan for the worst...I try not to put myself in bad situations and I typically carry the 5-shot revolver. Just my thoughts. B

There's nothing wrong with carrying a hi-cap gun or plenty of reloads, it's just that I can't come up with a logical, rational scenario where I think it'll really be of any great use.

J.

For me, the BUG is more about the possibility that I won't be able to get to my primary, my strong side might be too out of commission to use the primary or my primary might malfunction more than the thought that the primary will run dry before the fight ends. That is why I am okay with a NAA mini in WMR for a BUG, sometimes - because I see a weak hand BUG as more of a 'get off me' contact weapon where going for the primary might not be possible than as a weapon to act as a secondary 'gunfight' weapon. When I carry a reload (either a mag for a semiauto or a speedloader for a revolver) it is mostly a thought of 'why not?' because doing so isn't difficult and it just might come in handy.

Edited by JAB
They do still claim to offer one in .38 special only, never run across one, though.

- OS

Ruger is probably still waiting for someone to order one so don't look too hard.

Not sure why anyone would want a SP101 in a .38 only...The marketing dept must have had a brain fart or too many drinks after work. :up:

Ruger is probably still waiting for someone to order one so don't look too hard.

Not sure why anyone would want a SP101 in a .38 only...The marketing dept must have had a brain fart or too many drinks after work. :)

Yup,seeing as the .357 will handle .38 special it would be kinda stupid to buy the .38 only.I guess there is a few folks that prefer it or they wouldnt offer the pistol chambered for it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cowboy20th

Good choice on the Ruger, I just bought a s&w model 60 for my carry gun and I absolutely love it. Good weight, awesome size (3" barrel), and highly reliable. But I was looking at the sp101 too.

One thing about my semi I didn't like was that the grip and end of the barrel were very uncomfortable when carrying. My revolver is much slimmer in these areas and makes for a much more comfortable carry experience. Revolvers also seem to be more balanced and easier to point in my opinion, though I know some really like a semi for those reasons.

And if i my attacker takes even one round of .357 mag critical defense to the chest and still has the motivation to run me down then I am under gunned with anything other than a lot of explosives.