Opinions on Muck boots

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my hunting buddy wears them and loves them. I wear the Lacross Alpha Burly's and they are extremely comfortable. The mucks you are looking at were on my list and I tried on both brands. The Lacross boots were lighter is why I picked them. My boots are not what I would call warm. I wear them year round and wear them in Missouri deer hunting, I just add thick socks for cold weather. I know the mucks are know for comfort, but even with the uninsulated rubber boots I wear, my feet sweat alot. I would be afraid that if doing any amount of walking in the insulated rubber boots would result in wet feet. Wet feet equal cold feet on a deer stand. I guess if you weren't going to walk much, then they would be good.

I have used boot blankets, called ice breakers, that are insulted over boots for sitting on the stand. Don't matter what boots you wear underneath, they keep your feet warm.

I haven't hunted in them, but I'd wear my Muck boots everyday if people wouldn't make fun of me for wearing rubber boots. They are that comfortable. I have Rocky hunting boots. They are warm as toast, and comfortable as well.

I agree 100%. I've gone through three pairs in the last year, but I woudn't trade them for anything. You could also try Bogs, they make a great boot.

+2 for Lacrosse boots. I've had a pair of their muck boots for around 7 years now, and they still look brand new. The only thing I would change is to get a little more thinsulate than the pair I have, which is something like 150 grams. But they are great!

Guest sammopar
Everybody keeps saying how comfortable the mucks are.....I want to know if they are warm? Are they really good to -40 degrees like they claim?

hope it don't ever get that cold here mine work fine in the upper teens i guess as long as i'm walking. not moving in a deer stand is a different story. my have to break out the battery socks for -40.

I hope this is a mis print, I would hate to think that a $150 pair of boots didn't last more than year.

No misprint. I'm just very very rough on them and it'd be a safe bet to say I put more miles on 'em in a month than the average hunter would in a year.

I have never worn them in -40, but I've spent a good bit of time wearing them in single digit temps with no problems.

You haven't said what you plan to hunt in them or where. How much walking or hiking will you do. Personally I hate heavy rubber boots. My Cabela's boots are about on par with my Mucks. I only wear them if I have to. I prefer to wear lighter boots and if need be put on boot blankets when sitting.

I recommend Schnee's or Kenetrek pac boots. Warm, comfortable and will withstand some serious abuse. Soles wear out, just them resoled.