East Tn TGO Members FEBRUARY 2008 Meet

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, better safe then sorry. Changin' the designations on me...

We bought a 50-round box of Blazer Brass 230 gr. FMJ. If that isn't enough to try one out with, I'm sure she wouldn't mind buying another box or taking some extra money to buy a box from y'all.

I also personally bought a package of Shoot-N-See's, a package of foamies (you should always have spares!) and set of Peltor triple-flange earplugs, for me to keep at Gramp's for shooting the .22s if I ever do.

We also have gotten a much better camera, an actual video camera, so that any videos should be much better (albeit in .MP4 format ^^; ).

Guest Phantom6
Phantom.......What's on the agenda for the range? Anything special, or are we just gonna do free style this time?

If I can get the targets arranged we will have a three gun match along with the clay pigeon shoot.

Three gun match- 18 and under can shoot rimfire pistols and rifles. 19 and up must shoot centerfire. Shotguns is shotguns no matter what the age.

If I had the firearms and corresponding magazines, I'd sure run the 3-gun. But, it looks like this time me 'n Mom will only be going for her to try out a 1911 or two, and possibly a snubbie (we'll be bringing a box of UMC .38spl, if anyone brings a snubbie), and for me to sight in the el-cheapo scope on the Armscor.

Guest Boomhower

I'm out for 3 gun as well, but it should be fun to watch you guys.....Mike, will the pistol range portion be open this month as well? Didn't know if you might have a class going on.

If the road is too washed or muddy for shuttle service I suggest we all pack light and hike it to save wear and tear and the gravel. I have walked it before and it is not that far. I have my grandsons wagon I can use too, pneumatic tires yanno.

Guest Scottech

Speaking of packing light, do anyone of you folks going to the eat and meat Saturday have a laser bore sighting tool?

I haven't had the chance to sight in Corey's Marlin Model 60 since I put the BSA scope on it.

Edited by Scottech

Well, damn.

I planned to get down there tomorrow, but I have a meeting I can't get out of at 1:30 out at the airport.

I was really hoping to meet more of y'all in person. I'll miss that Big Ed's pizza too.

So I'm shifting to plan B. I intended to make it out to the Gray gun show on Sunday, but will shift that to tomorrow morning around 9:30. Anyone local that wants to meet me there can do so. I'll be the guy wearing the H&K Law Enforcement Division cap.

if anyone going has a walther p22 or any of the beretta pocket pistols please bring it along, i'd love to test 'em out. thinking about picking something up for the little lady.

i'll have a box of .22 and my two ladies with me (beretta mini cougar 45 and full frame 92fs 9mm)

Hey y'all, I'm only brining the Armscor and the Ruger this time. It's a good idea to keep proficient with the Ruger (our only pistol, unless we end up buying a P22 or other semi-automatic .22 at some point, that is until Mom decides what she wants to carry) and I'm sighting in the Armscor. This'll mostly be to eat and let Mom try out a 1911.