long talks with my in laws about guns and permits tonight

My in laws where visiting today and we had some long talks about guns, carrying, permits and laws.

They live in KY and are considering getting their Permits now. I was comfortable with talking with them as I have always known they had guns. Never known of him to go shooting though.

Funny thing first time I was in their house, he did the standard dad thing and showed me his guns, to which I pretended to not get the meaning behind and checked everyone of them to make sure they where not loaded as he handed them to me. Man that was a long time ago, about 14 years.

But now that I am getting my permit, they are thinking about getting theirs and are glad I am teaching my wife to shoot and that she plans to get her permit as well.

Anyways, while we are out at Ryan's in Oak Ridge tonight, my father-in-law noticed a person leaving was OC. I missed seeing it as my back was toward the person.

I said, see, no harm came of it. No problems at all. Then I joked he must have a defective gun.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of weeks ago my sister and her husband were in town. I met them for lunch and in the process of making small talk asked my BIL about his parents. They recently retired to Fla. The conversation wasn't about guns but he told me that his mother now carries in her tennis bag and that they both now have Fla. carry permits. I never let anyone know that I have a permit or carry but I could tell by the next few exchanges between him and my sister that he is trying to influence her to approve of him getting a Texas permit. At that point I decided to help him out and reached in my wallet and produced my permit. I also told them I was carrying but since we were in public I kept it hidden. He had a slight grin and she changed the subject.

but I could tell by the next few exchanges between him and my sister that he is trying to influence her to approve of him getting a Texas permit

this stuff cracks me up. When I decided to get a permit I do not recall ever thinking I needed my wife's approval. I understand that this stuff goes on but I also believe others need to man up and wear some pants. I wear the pants in my family and my wife says its okay for me to say so.

Guest GimpyLeg
I wear the pants in my family and my wife says its okay for me to say so.

So glad you got your wife's permission to say you don't need her permission......

My wife & I both have our permits.

My first experience with my g/f's father sounds similar to yours. She was nervous about telling her father about me, because he is a preacher and hasn't liked any of her past b/f's. One afternoon she was on the phone with him, and just up and told him about me. He told her to let me know he had guns, which I suppose was suppose to make me nervous, but I simply told her to let him know that I did too, and that I was wondering what all he had. His reply to that was "let me talk to him", and from there we went on for a while talking about guns. A week or so later we went to their house so that I could meet him in person, and by the time the evening was over my g/f was mad at her dad because he wouldn't stop talking to me and showing me different pistols and rifles that he's collected. One of the things I love about him the most is that he's got a story to go along with every one of them, and that's the kinda thing I'm interested in the most. Needless to say, I'm the only b/f that she's had that her father likes. Her mother and father both have their HCP's.

Guest drv2fst

Many years ago, just days after we moved to Memphis, my wife told me that she was getting her permit. I went in to get mine a few months after she got hers.

copy and paste

Everybody on earth dies and goes to heaven.

God comes and says, "I want the men to make two lines -- one line for the men that dominated their women on earth, and the other line for the men who were dominated by their women. Also, I want all the women to go with St. Peter."

The next time God looked, the women are gone, and there are two lines. The line for the men who were dominated by their women was 100 miles long, and in the line of men who dominated their women there was only one man.

God got mad and said, "You men should be ashamed of yourselves. I created you in my image, and you were all whipped by your mates. Look at the only one of my sons who stood up and made me proud. Learn from him! Tell them, my son, how did you manage to be the only one in this line?"

The man replied, "I don't know, my wife told me to stand here."

Guest strelcevina
this stuff cracks me up. When I decided to get a permit I do not recall ever thinking I needed my wife's approval. I understand that this stuff goes on but I also believe others need to man up and wear some pants. I wear the pants in my family and my wife says its okay for me to say so.

Most of households right now code is making money, in a lot o cases even more than a man.

So in that case woman has right to gear pants.

Me on the other hand,I always did and always will wear pants.

Guest strelcevina

Garufa, I about choked on your post, tooo funny

at least i made you lough :up:

"code" i meant "insert here" what ever secret name you call your significant other .