Coyotye kills pet in Midtown Memphis

Guest peacexxl

What do you do with the coyote when it has been reportedly seen eating a house cat?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with the coyote when it has been reportedly seen eating a house cat?

• Kill Wiley
    • Call Acme animal control
    • Leave him alone, the Roadrunner will getem

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

Probably just having a snack on its way to Central BBQ.

That lady said she moved to Midtown to live in a safer part of town. Wuuutttt!?!?!?

Funny how some only REALLY love things when they're young and cute. Babies, puppies, kittens, etc. ... and this guy.

coyotecub.jpg

Let it do its thing. Nature at work.

Edited by jackdm3
Guest Lester Weevils

If a coyote seemed an immediate threat to my dawgs maybe would risk getting in trouble shooting inside city limits. My coonhounds will occasionally take out a cat if the cat ventures into my fenced-in woods and he doesn't move quick enough. Wouldn't want folks shooting my hounds just because they think cats are tasty. Its not like I encourage the hounds to eat cats, but they think its their job. Along with wabbits, slow squirrels, and any kind of rodent.

Guest nozzle13

I've seen a bunch in Midtown. I saw one, one time run across union. That bugger was fast, I think he touched union three times all the way across. Riding the ambulance at 3am in Memphis, you see all kinds of crazy ****.

Unfortunately, they are bein oushed out of their habitat with all the building these days. Dinners get scarce.

several years ago there was even a bounty on em. Live in the country and we have problems with them going

after livestock especially when running in packs. Killed 1 early in year that was after a small horse. Most of

the time leave em alone, they help control other small animals.

But hey if they help keep kitty pop down all the better, never liked cats much.

Guest peacexxl

By pure coincidence, I am watching Animal Planet right now and there is an episode of "Maneaters" on. It is Wolves/ Coyotes. It is very rare, buit they will attack children and small people. This just confirms my thought that I would put one down if I could do it safely.

Guest Lester Weevils

Dunno if this is true-- Maybe someone can confirm. Old Dad grew up in central AL in the 1930's-1940's. He said that coyotes are not supposed to be native in these parts, and were imported by fox hunters as fox-substitutes, when foxes got scarce way back when.