Where can I shoot my .375 H&H?

Chris

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

cheatham WMA has a range thats a lot closer to you. Sort of taking your chances with idiots there though. Only 100 yards too.

Perfect! Just called them and they said no problem. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Thanks Jeff!

No problem. I might head out there tomorrow so if I hear some ungodly noise on the firing line I'll come over and say hello.

Excellent. See you there.

I'm prepping for a Safari in a week or so. Hunting plains game along the Limpopo.

Assuming I don't end up as lion food, I'll post pix when I get back. Can't wait!

where you having some leather work done at G&L recently for this trip?

Not that I'm aware of... but I've been known to take a little drunk on a Saturday night, so you never know.

I just got back from the Montgomery County range.

Fantastic range with fantastic staff. Howard at the rifle range is the MAN!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try to post some pics of my set up a little later.

Guest Grantonius
Stay away from Hohenwald. There is an Elephant preserve there and people might get a little spooked when they see that monster cannon come out of it's case. LOL

Yeah, They don't take to kindly to that sorta thing!

That's a heck of a lot of cartridge for plains game. Even for Kudu I use a 300 Win Mag. However, you will be prepared in case you come across that world record lion and are ready to shell out $50k or so to have it. :D There is perhaps no rifle cartridge other than the 30-06 used more worldwide than the 375. I like the cartridge. Though I admit that I have become more of a fan of the 416 Remington in recent years. It has less recoil than the 375 and as good ballistics.

Africa is a magical place and if you haven't been there you will be changed by the experience. My grandmother lived north of the Limpopo along the Zambezi in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) and Mozambique for over 30 years. I hope you have a terrific time.