Kudos to the Washington County Sheriff deputy that pulled me over........

I gotta add my "got pulled over while carrying story." I was in a new vehicle with temporary tags. Not to mention, i didn't have a insurance card because it wasn't received in the mail at that time.

I was speeding....kinda bad. 53 in a 35. The limit changed when i came into a very small community. I apparently missed the sign. Not a area i travel often. When he hit the blue lights i pulled over into a church parking lot against a brick retaining wall (to show i wasn't going anywhere.) Officer approached and ask if i knew how fast i was going. I told him i wasn't 100% sure but it was around 50mph. He asked for the ID. This is when i told him i had a carry permit and my weapon was at 4 o'clock IWB. He was cool about it but the ride along that walked up to the passenger side during the traffic stop quickly ran back to the passenger side of the patrol car :rofl:. He said to retrive my DL and HCP. No issues to that point.....he asked for a proof of insurance: no dice. Asked about the tag; told him i haven't received it yet. He then ask the last time i had a ticket. Told him it had been five yrs but i got two in that same day (dont ask.) Told me to hang tight. He didnt seem nervous about my sidearm at all.

He came back to the car and ask about my address. My permit and Dl dont match because i moved after being issued the HCP. They updated my DL but not the permit. I explained the situation and he said he understood. Told me to slow down and stay vigilant. I deserved a ticket without a doubt and would have taken what i had coming without argument.

I'm glad to see some professional officers like this in the field. I wounldnt post this story but i get tierd of reading all the posts about cops that were rude to HCP holders. Very respectable officer....even if he would have issued a ticket :rofl:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cheez

Good deal. Glad to hear of the positive experience. That is why I got the address changed on my HCP after I moved. It is not a problem but it does beg to be questioned by a LEO.