Ramsey Speaks Out On Islam

When the Catholic Church (which WAS Christianity) was same age as Islam is now, it had much the same purpose.

It determined heads of state in Europe and sent armies to conquest the infidels. And let's not forget those charming little Inquisition centuries.

What eventually defanged the political and bellicose nature of Mother Church, of course, was all the sects that came out of the Protestant Reformation, eventually affecting overall Christendom.

Since there are already signs of more Islamic splinter sects, perhaps it will morph into a kinder, gentler religion, as did Christianity, but I admit in this crowded and divided world, I don't think there's time to wait.

- OS

Mostly agree except for the fact Islam has not changed it's MO since it's inception. I don't see it happening anytime soon either. Also the Catholic church WAS the main persecutor of the Christians that would later be defined under the broad and often misapplied label of the protestant movement.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest voigts

I find it a curious thing that so many want to "champion" the cause of religious freedom when it comes to Islam. I am definitely for religious freedom, but some of you need to take a trip to the Middle East before entering into this conversation. Islam is by its nature authoritarian, and has a natural mandate to force people through whatever means necessary to bend to its dictates, which include Sharia law. Just look at the mess that is going on in the UK. They are slowly being taken over by Islam, and will one day cease to be free. Islam has absolutely NO tolerance for any other religious faith. To say otherwise is to simply be ignorant. It doesn't take much to move a moderate Muslim to an extremist. That changeover takes place all the time.

We can talk about religious freedom all day long, but the reality is that if Islam is allowed to grow unchecked in the US, it will take over our gov't and way of life, just as it has done and is doing in so many other parts of the world. While I don't agree with what is happening with the huge illegal flow of immigrants from Latin America to the US, most of them are Roman Catholic, and I really think it is this large and ever growing segment of US society that is stemming the growth of Islam here. I do not for one minute believe that Catholicism is Christian in that it denies the very core teachings of the Bible in so many areas, but at least it isn't Muslim.

To say that our Constitution and legal system wasn't heavily influenced by Judeo-Christian beliefs is to completely ignore historical fact. It is a revisionist view of our history that takes the few deists involved with the framing of our gov't and try to make them the representation of all of the framers. Just take a look around Washington, DC and see all of the scripture and Bible references carved into every classic building.