New H&K MR762!!!

Guest BigMitch

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keinengel
I'm hearing upwards of $4000....

Yeah i was thinking somewhere along those lines.. It's obviously gonna be an amazing performer but for that price I'd be steered towards a SCAR 17s and have some cash in the pocket on the way home :)

MSRP on the MR556 is $2995 and it not supposed to be released until September. I doubt that they will ship then, they have already be pushed back two or three times. The MR762 isn't supposed to ship until Q1 2011. I think JHat is pretty close on the price, people will pay crazy money just because it says HK on the side.

Looks like a standard .308 AR-style lower with a piston upper. However, if HK is true to form, there will be NO parts that are compatible with any other existing platform. I'll bet that HK is even using proprietary magazines instead of one that is commonly available!

Pass.

that has been on their website for about a year or more.

it does take HK-propiertary magazines though. HK claims it is because other mags suck and they had to redesign it in order to make it reliable. in other words, we suck and they hate us and some they sell an insanely expensive rifle with proprietary expensive mags.

Guest JHatmaker
Looks like a standard .308 AR-style lower with a piston upper. However, if HK is true to form, there will be NO parts that are compatible with any other existing platform. I'll bet that HK is even using proprietary magazines instead of one that is commonly available!

Pass.

That, besides the price, is why I hate to love HK's products. It's almost like they're saying buy our products then "f - off", but I still have an unhealthy obession with anything HK...

I won't, however, be getting one of these anytime soon.

$4,000 for a Piston AR-10? I think I'll pass and get 2 LWRC rifles instead. Also the "Use our over-priced proprietary magazines" is a major deal breaker if there ever was one...

I don't get it. Piston Vs Direct Impingement. It mater's on full auto (ie a bunch of rounds shot) One over the other is not more accurate.

Most of us don't carry in a environment or shoot enough to ever see this problem prior to cleaning. You could buy two or three DMPS for the price of one HK.

Edited by R1100R