Memphis CA at it again

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TnRebel
The poll consisted of less than 700 voters.

And most likely that group of 700, was cherry picked from voter registration list.

Guest db99wj

Educated Redneck over there is great. He or she, has always had great comments on issues regarding guns, this one is no different.

I’m going to take my own poll. My question will be phrased thusly:

“Do you think only criminals should be allowed to take guns into restaurants?”

Betcha I get a different result.

Here’s an even better question:

“Do you agree with the law that prohibits persons carrying legally permitted guns in restaurants from consuming alcohol?”

Let’s see the results of THAT poll.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Though not a shootout, there was the recent Coleman case in Memphis. That'll give 'em ammo for many months or a few years.

I thought the Coleman shooting took place back when firearms were banned in restaurants serving alcohol?

Guest jackdm3

There was a drunk or two, a handgun and a fight right outside the restaurant's front door. This occuring pre- or post-ban won't matter in this "discussion/debate" and we'll only have more of these objectionable encounters.

Guest uofmeet

Eh, they all can lick my images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg6RREldOcAjjULw-PrrCBkMRcYTS-XSUfv1-G9QqRV6a7WqM&t=1&usg=__YpsPnYfpIVOK3An900fux5XrOL4= for all i care. I agree with trying the poll in a different way. i would like to see a poll from the comment.

“Do you think only criminals should be allowed to take guns into restaurants?”
Guest KimberChick
Though not a shootout, there was the recent Coleman case in Memphis. That'll give 'em ammo for many months or a few years.

Yep. They'll choose this one instance of an HCP holder shooting a guy outside a bar/grill/restaurant over the HUNDREDS of shootings outside of bars/restaurants committed by non-HCP holders(i.e. criminals illegally possessing a handgun) in Memphis in the last decade. The "gun free" section of Beale St. had a guy shooting randomly outside Club 152 less than a month ago...but he didn't have an HCP and is therefore not a person of interest to the anti-gun crowd. It also disappeared rather quickly from local media sources, lol.

Guest Roadkill Bill
I thought the Coleman shooting took place back when firearms were banned in restaurants serving alcohol?

It's the old saying, "Their mind is made up, don't confuse them with the facts." The liberals will take anything out of context to make their case.

Guest cajun600

boils my blood that there's a public database for carry permits. F#@$, I want to know who all has a driver's license, where's the database for that? If fact, its my right to know who all in this state is on Medicaid, where the list? someone help me with the link.

boils my blood that there's a public database for carry permits. F#@$, I want to know who all has a driver's license, where's the database for that? If fact, its my right to know who all in this state is on Medicaid, where the list? someone help me with the link.

The editor of the newspaper prefers to keep HIS information private, yet he has no problem providing a database of carry permit holders.

Guest cajun600
The editor of the newspaper prefers to keep HIS information private, yet he has no problem providing a database of carry permit holders.

what a freakin joke man. Does anyone know if ppl have tried to sue over this? Seriously, whats the diff between wanting to know who the HCP holders are vs who gets welfare in this state? btw us and who gets medicare? seriously WTF. I'm sure everyone has already echoed this sentiment, I'd really like to know if anyone has challenged this in court.

• 2 weeks later...

The self-proclaimed "Data Reporter", :poop:Grant Smith :poop:has updated the commie appeal HCP database this week. I'd send him a letter to complain, but his update didn't include me again. I'll be sure not to enroll in any of his classes at UM, as he doesn't do a very complete job for the CA. :D

Guest Glock23ForMe

Is there any way to get your name off of that database other than not having a HCP anymore? I kind of do not like my info on there.

boils my blood that there's a public database for carry permits. F#@$, I want to know who all has a driver's license, where's the database for that? ...

You could probably purchase access to it, just like CA pays to access the HCP list.

Is there any way to get your name off of that database other than not having a HCP anymore?...

Not unless CA would take it off for you.

It's the state's data, CA pays an access fee for it, then formats it into their database.

- OS

Guest Glock23ForMe

Not unless CA would take it off for you.

It's the state's data, CA pays an access fee for it, then formats it into their database.

- OS

That's crazy how the state can just sell that :D. I mean really. That is when you know things are F*($#ED up.

That's crazy how the state can just sell that :D. I mean really. That is when you know things are F*($#ED up.

Some states have denied access to their carry data.

TN had a bill presented term before last to do same, but it was defeated.

- OS