The official "Punisher finally got pulled over with his gun on" thread.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I don't really see why there's any need for comments about whether traffic laws are right or wrong, because Punisher hasn't complained about getting the citation. The thread was about his experience in getting pulled over while carrying. Traffic laws are put there for a reason, and enforcement of those laws is to help keep innocent people from becoming victims. I agree that rolling through a stop sign when there aren't any other vehicles around isn't much of a crime, but I can also say that LEO's in this area enforce stop sign laws alot more than they do red light laws.

Exactly and doing what I do and knowing as many cops as I do, I always keep the "what call did he just get off of" thought in my head. Maybe he wrote me that ticket because 2 days ago some kids got killed because someone ran a stop sign. Like I said he was really cool with me. When he brought me the ticket back and asked me if I knew why I got pulled over I told him I honestly didn't. He told me and I said "The one on Lynchburg?" "Yup." "Ah sh**. I'm sorry man. No excuses!" and I laughed and signed the ticket. He chuckled, patted the window, wished me a good day, and rolled off. Laws are laws and if I break one or even bend one and I get a citation, well who can you really blame, but yourself?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW the ticket is 44 bucks in case any of you get stop sign jumpy in Memphis lol I was "advised" that if I showed up to court in uniform it would 99.9% likely be dismissed, but I'm gonna pay my aggravation tax and avoid The Great Halls of the Unwashed on a Friday. *shudder*

Guest Jamie
I agree that rolling through a stop sign when there aren't any other vehicles around isn't much of a crime...

Nope, but in Punisher's case, there was at least one other vehicle around, and that's the one that caused all the trouble. :eek:

J.

I single handedly killed all the myths though today. Permit, Army service bumper sticker, a job that is known for getting cut breaks, pleasant demeanor, etc all no dice lol

The "crying hot blonde with big boobs in a low cut top" myth still stands. Unless you're not telling the whole story.

Guest Pig957
Exactly and doing what I do and knowing as many cops as I do, I always keep the "what call did he just get off of" thought in my head. Maybe he wrote me that ticket because 2 days ago some kids got killed because someone ran a stop sign. Like I said he was really cool with me. When he brought me the ticket back and asked me if I knew why I got pulled over I told him I honestly didn't. He told me and I said "The one on Lynchburg?" "Yup." "Ah sh**. I'm sorry man. No excuses!" and I laughed and signed the ticket. He chuckled, patted the window, wished me a good day, and rolled off. Laws are laws and if I break one or even bend one and I get a citation, well who can you really blame, but yourself?

It is refreshing to meet someone who takes credit for their mistakes. Punisher84 – I appreciate your attitude.

Exactly.

Thanks for your input ggun. Insightful as always Captain Obvious. Did you bother to read my statements or did you just wanna be your typical self?

Damn the luck! ;)

Nope and I could have dropped plenty or just had the LT make the scene lol In all seriousness though I just don't do that crap. Unless I had really just been treated like crap on a BS stop I'm not gonna make a stink. I rolled a stop sign, the officer was pleasant and professional, and he gave me a citation instead of a break. That's the way the cookie crumbled lol

I said Sorry! :eek:. But being my typical self I do think people skills come into play in this type of stop, pertaining to the citation. Since you knew most of the squad, once he made the conciliatory gesture of appreciation of you informing him of the handgun it would have been appropriate to mention your relationship with Sgt. XYZ and patrolman ABC and how you all were all agreed about it. You shouldn't have to hide that you know most of the guys.

But, I do believe you are a model citizen to not try to avoid a ticket and points for a very minor deal. Most of us would.

The "crying hot blonde with big boobs in a low cut top" myth still stands.

With me, the hot blonde w/ bigguns gets a little more consideration and often leaves with a warning citation. However, crying is a sure-fire, 110% failsafe way of getting a ticket no matter who you are.

With me, the hot blonde w/ bigguns gets a little more consideration and often leaves with a warning citation. However, crying is a sure-fire, 110% failsafe way of getting a ticket no matter who you are.

Hey....I told you it would never happen again..... :)

It is refreshing to meet someone who takes credit for their mistakes. Punisher84 – I appreciate your attitude.

Thanks. That'll do Pig. That'll do. (sorry could not resist!) In all seriousness thank you. It's kind of hard for me to lecture people at my job about poor decisions and personal responsibility and then go whine about getting a ticket for rolling a stop sign. Just not the way I was raised. Take your lumps and roll on. I think if more people had that attitude the world would be one hell of alot better place to live.

They caught you roll'n they hat'n.

TheySeeMeRollin.jpg&t=1

I said Sorry! :). But being my typical self I do think people skills come into play in this type of stop, pertaining to the citation. Since you knew most of the squad, once he made the conciliatory gesture of appreciation of you informing him of the handgun it would have been appropriate to mention your relationship with Sgt. XYZ and patrolman ABC and how you all were all agreed about it. You shouldn't have to hide that you know most of the guys.

But, I do believe you are a model citizen to not try to avoid a ticket and points for a very minor deal. Most of us would.

Thanks as well. Like I said I guess I COULD have, I mean cops do the badge flip to get out of tickets so I could name drop, but I view my cop buddies as friends first and foremost. I hate feeling like I'm using people for who they are. Example I'll give you the shirt off my back and the last 20 bucks I've got to buy pants that match, but if you work at McDonald's and I were to ask for a free burger I'd feel guilty all day. Just my personality.

spears_crying_100507_01.jpg

Guest 1010011010
So do you fight the ticket? I wish everyone would fight every ticket if there was no injured party - that way maybe this illegitimate use of traffic laws for revenue generation would cease....
If you go in, fight the ticket, and win... how much are the court fees? There's something to be said for chasing justice, but paying $150 in court fees to get out of a $100 ticket is a lose/lose.
If you go in, fight the ticket, and win... how much are the court fees? There's something to be said for chasing justice, but paying $150 in court fees to get out of a $100 ticket is a lose/lose.

I don't think you pay court costs if you beat the ticket...

I don't think you pay court costs if you beat the ticket...

Maybe not in beating the ticket in some way, but I know in most cases around here where tickets get thrown out you still have to pay court costs, and recently they're up around $200 from what I've heard. When I was married, my ex-wife went to court with a speeding ticket because it was her first time of getting one. The ticket was thrown out, which kept it off her record, but she still had to pay court costs. Way back then, it was $80, plus she lost pay from having to take the day off from work. Had she paid the ticket, it would have only cost $110.

Guest XD9GUY

So, you should have told him that you did a "Tennessee roll stop". Everybody knows what that is.

I got pullover for "driving a little too fast" in Georgia a few months ago. Had my pistol in my pocket. First thing I did was produce my drivers license. The gun topic never came up. I stayed in the car and got a "very stern warning" but no ticket.

If he had asked me to step out of the car, I would have told him about the gun. Since it is not a law to declare you have a gun, I don't see the need unless you do have it on your person and do have to step out of the automobile.

If you had just been wearing a HCP Badge pinned to your shirt all of this could have been avoided. :)

Damn thing was on back order! ;)

So, you should have told him that you did a "Tennessee roll stop". Everybody knows what that is.

I got pullover for "driving a little too fast" in Georgia a few months ago. Had my pistol in my pocket. First thing I did was produce my drivers license. The gun topic never came up. I stayed in the car and got a "very stern warning" but no ticket.

If he had asked me to step out of the car, I would have told him about the gun. Since it is not a law to declare you have a gun, I don't see the need unless you do have it on your person and do have to step out of the automobile.

I've always been a big fan of notifying. It's just what I prefer to do. Plus, the way I carry, I have to go by my gun to get to my wallet and I don't want to risk a confrontation if an officer sees it. Better safe than sorry.

Maybe not in beating the ticket in some way, but I know in most cases around here where tickets get thrown out you still have to pay court costs, and recently they're up around $200 from what I've heard. When I was married, my ex-wife went to court with a speeding ticket because it was her first time of getting one. The ticket was thrown out, which kept it off her record, but she still had to pay court costs. Way back then, it was $80, plus she lost pay from having to take the day off from work. Had she paid the ticket, it would have only cost $110.

Several years ago in Jackson a judge dismissed my $118 speeding ticket for $113 court costs. I'm now a more careful driver - I keep my radar detector on all the time!:)