New Bill introduced proposing CCW in establishment serving liquor

Guest GLOCKGUY

these guy are a joke they got the cards stacked it there favor they have cops there thats against carry in restaurants and none thats for it :)

Guest GUTTERbOY

Well, I have to say that watching this was an eye-opener for me as to just how much of a fight we have to make for our rights. Somewhat depressing for me, but at the same time motivating as well.

A sad day for gun owners in the state of TN.

Would have just been so much easier to say "Any bill that furthers the rights of gun owners and those with HCPs fails!"

I would say the sponsor of the parks carry bill just made so much sense and spoke so well, but he might have well as been talking to a brick wall...:) Maybe if we could ever get more like him and less like Naifeh, Sonitary...and the one other I can't think of right now...we might someday have a chance.

Guest db99wj

Would have just been so much easier to say "Any bill that furthers the rights of gun owners and those with HCPs fails!"

I would say the sponsor of the parks carry bill just made so much sense and spoke so well, but he might have well as been talking to a brick wall...:) Maybe if we could ever get more like him and less like Naifeh, Sonitary...and the one other I can't think of right now...we might someday have a chance.

That would be Briley

Guest db99wj

The restaurant carry, Briley did want to discuss that further, that he had some very good talks with our side and wants to look at it further. He could have just let it be and got it killed. Either there is enough support to pass it on and he is considering it, but wants more info, or there is enough support and he wants to figure out how to get it killed and work on the others to vote to kill it. I am betting the latter.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I think it highlights the two opposing views on the government's role. Some of our reps feel it's their job to restrict our rights unless there's a good reason not to. Others feel that they ought not to restrict rights unless there's good reason.

Basically, the "guilty until proven innocent" perspective is the currently ruling one here.

I thought Nicely was very clear and concise myself, in contrast to the individual who argued against the bill... but like you said, he was talking to a fence post. It's hard to talk sense into someone who's fully invested in their opinion.

:mad:

The restaurant carry, Briley did want to discuss that further, that he had some very good talks with our side and wants to look at it further. He could have just let it be and got it killed. Either there is enough support to pass it on and he is considering it, but wants more info, or there is enough support and he wants to figure out how to get it killed and work on the others to vote to kill it. I am betting the latter.

True...I'll give him credit on that. But any of the other bills he didn't seem to want to have much to do with them.

Guest GUTTERbOY
That sums it up pretty good.

Of course, you could even argue that- as Nicely said, HCP has been in effect for 14 years, and none of the dire predictions that accompanied it have occured. We've overwhelmingly proven ourselves to be of no danger to anyone except criminals, and yet even that's not enough for Naifeh and the other minions.

I guess in their view, we're all just waiting for the right time to go crazy at once and start gunning down everyone in sight. Or else they just have forgone logic totally and are operating on emotion, like the sheeple of our country.

I'm so frustrated that I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to get any work done for the rest of the day.

Guest GLOCKGUY

how did you like that dumarse video at the start i want to hit my computer screen and the guy that brought it to watch what a joke :)

Edited by GLOCKGUY

I can't figure out why you guys have been even thinking there could be a different outcome.

The Democrats control the House and will continue to vote Naifeh in as speaker until he croaks. Naifeh appoints anti-gun folks to these committees.

These matters will go anti-gun until we exchange enough Democrats for Republicans.

Guest Jamie

These matters will go anti-gun until we exchange enough Democrats for Republicans.

You're probably right... but somewhere rattling around in my brain it the thought that, depending on how it ends up, this business with SCOTUS and Heller might just stir up some changes.

Probably not, but still... it's a pleasant thought, and probably healthier than contemplating getting a shovel and digging a nice deep hole for Jimmy Naifeh to "accidentally" fall into. :)

J.

Here's the part I don't understand...but it might explain the complete ineptness of these "representatives" ...and I use that term loosely as possible

Two bills..doing basically the same thing. One is killed...one is deferred

3/19/2008

HB0410

Firearms and Ammunition - Authorizes person with a handgun permit who is not consuming alcohol to carry handgun in building where beer or alcoholic beverages are being served subject to posting of property provisions, and adds violation of possessing a firearm where alcohol is served as a reason for revocation of a person's handgun permit. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17.

Failed In s/c Criminal Practice and Procedure of JUD of Judiciary Committee

HB0702

Criminal Offenses - Allows person who has permit to carry a handgun to carry gun in place where alcohol is served for consumption on premises if person is not consuming alcohol or is not otherwise prohibited by posting provisions. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

Action Def. in s/c Criminal Practice and Procedure of JUD to 4/2/2008 3/19/2008

I think 410 was killed because 702 was going to be discussed. I saw several duplicates in other areas. I was kinda hard to hear but I think a couple of the supports of 702 voted now on 410 so there wouldn't be two bills. There was also a bill in the FW&M sub committee about the park carry. I didn't get to see what happened over there. HB0132 I think was the number. Maybe we can sneak it in the back door.

I figured that much watching the proceedings. I was going to say the monkeys in the zoo..but I've seen monkeys...they have problem solving skills. I just couldn't figure out why they'd waste the time and resources to write multiple bills that do the exact same thing.