New Bill introduced proposing CCW in establishment serving liquor

Guest TNDixieGirl

Where are you seeing the reference to 39-17-13xx in the 39-11-611 code? I've looked and read and re-read and I'm not seeing the relationship to "this part". Yes, I'm slow sometimes. Be patient.

Where are you seeing the reference to 39-17-13xx in the 39-11-611 code? I've looked and read and re-read and I'm not seeing the relationship to "this part". Yes, I'm slow sometimes. Be patient.

No no......my bad. I was trying to answer two different post at the same time and I posted the wrong link with the text. It is T.C.A. 39-17-1322. Now the rest of what said applies. It doesn't directly say anything about 39-17-13xx, it just says "this part" which means the part it is located...Part 13 of etc....

Sorry for the wrong link. :(

you may not be charged with a crime...but I would say that TDOS would have something to say about your permit...

......of course that is if you even have a HCP. This law covers all, not just those with a HCP.

At first I was inclined to agree with you, but after thinking about.... How could they do anything if you weren't charged with anything. Since TN is a shall issue state, they can't suspened or revoke your permit on a whim.

T.C.A. 39-17-1352 Suspension or revocation of license.

Edited by Fallguy
Guest canynracer

hmmmm....i hear what you are putting down my brotha....but I am not trusting it...LOL, there are some shady folks up on the hill, I would think they could do something, like revoke it....it is a privileage....if they can take you DL for not paying a fine that has nothing to do with driving...they may be able to trump up something...

I hear ya....

But it's sort of like on another thread...I'd rather take my chance with the DOS than the BG, if it comes down to making that choice.

Of course if the did suspend or revoke it you have two remidies..

T.C.A. 39-17-1353 Review of revocation or suspension.

...and if you don't like their decision.

T.C.A. 39-17-1354 Judicial review of department determination.

Guest canynracer

I agree whole heartedly with the chance taking...

I dont know if they outright take the permit, but they could "suspend" it, and make you jusmp through all kinds of legal crap for a very long time...and during that time, you cannot legally carry...

but either way, the risk for not outweighs the consequnce for....we agree on this one I think...

Guest jackdog

I guess the bottom line is this, politicians in the state of TN. have decided that they have the right to tell us the citizens if when and where we are allowed to defend our selves. They the politicians have taken it upon themselves to turn a right (the 2nd amendment) into a payed for privilege.The second amendment was installed into the constitution of the united states so the citizens would always have the ability to stand against abusive government. I've made my choice and everyone else needs to make theirs. Protect yourself and family or rely on others to handle those issues

That's a pretty good synopsis, Jackdog.

I might add that the paid privilege is rather limited.

How many places can you not legally go into with your handgun? It's not just bars and yuppie restaurants. It's also pizza places, and many barbecue places. When you think about it, there are lots of places we go into but many of us who never have an alcoholic drink there, like a beer.

I had lunch with Towerclimber last week. I had salmon and iced tea. But the place sells beer and I couldn't legally carry in there. Same when we had our first East-Tennessee shoot in May. We ate at a barbecue place that serves beer. No one got a beer but none of us could legally carry.

It seems to me that the test should be whether you are drinking, rather than if the places sells alcoholic drinks. But how many times have we all said that?

It seems to me that the test should be whether you are drinking, rather than if the places sells alcoholic drinks. But how many times have we all said that?

its the first im hearing it,lol

other places like bowling,and pool halls.i love both but never go because i cant carry

There is a place on State Street in Bristol. They host some of the music during the Rhythm & Roots Reunion each year. I went in to hear the band but forgot that they also serve beer. I thought about it while listening and then spotting the bar. It's just possible that I had my little back pocket gun with me and decided to not leave. But I don't think I'll say that is what happened on an open board. :)

Latest from Mr Kelsey:

Mr. Saintsfanbrian,

I believe the Second Amendment guarantees a right to bear arms (including handguns), and I fully support that right. I look forward to the Supreme Court upholding this right in the near future.

Thank you again for contacting me and for your participation in the civic process

I believe the Second Amendment guarantees a right to bear arms (including handguns), and I fully support that right. I look forward to the Supreme Court upholding this right in the near future.

I assume his definition of upholding is like God's definition of creating the earth in one day. Mr Kelsey may be either too Apocalyptic or stupid for my taste.

Guest canynracer
It passed in the Senate. It still has to be passed in the House and signed by the Governor before it becomes law.

well wtf is taking them so long...its not like they havent seen it before :cool: