a comment in the Should physicians ask about guns lead me think about Restaurats

Guest buttonhook

I would only tip my server if I was happy with the service I was provided. If my food is cold/wrong how many of you would tip? How do you know it was the servers fault and not the kitchen, manager, etc.? How is getting kick out any different. I didn't get the service I needed so I will not pay. Sorry if I've stepped on someones toes but thats how I feel. I do however tip well if the service/food is good. I might not tip at all if its not. To tip is not law......I should be happy when I leave the happier I am the bigger the tip. I sure if I was asked to leave I would not be happy....you figure it out

Off topic kind of...look up the nut bra on youtube.......funny stuff

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not care to walk around wearing an empty holster. That is the reason I like holsters that can be removed easily without removing the belt - paddle holsters, belt loops with snaps, etc. It isn't so much that I care what someone in a restaurant, etc. thinks as it will be the rare occassion that I will eat somewhere that doesn't permit legal carry (can't say never - might want to eat with friends who are dead set on going to a particular restaurant.) It is also less of a concern now that it is legal to carry in non-posted restaurants that serve alchohol. However, if there is a time that I have to leave my carry weapon in my vehicle, I think that carrying an empty holster just advertises, "There is an unattended firearm in my vehicle that just might be free game for any lowlife that cares to rob me." With easily removable holsters, pocket holsters, etc. I just slip the whole thing, holster and all, off/out and secure it somewhere in the vehicle before I even open the door to lessen the opportunity for anyone in the parking lot to observe me leaving my firearm in the vehicle.

Guest 6.8 AR

strickj, are you really stiffing a waiter if they give you lousy service?

Tips are given accordingly, from me. and they are an extension of

the establishment they work at. I've never experienced what others

have, about getting asked to leave, regardless of reason, but I doubt

I would be generous towards anyone in that establishment.

And, by the way, I tip usually extremely well for good service.

Edited by 6.8 AR
add
Guest cheez
Stage 4 sheeple disease. It's moot to me. I won't go past a sign anyway. Disarming, and then wearing a holster in the open is just poking the bear. The "no guns no money" card doesn't really mean anything if you hand it to them WITH your money.

+1000

strickj, are you really stiffing a waiter if they give you lousy service?

Tips are given accordingly, from me. and they are an extension of

the establishment they work at. I've never experienced what others

have, about getting asked to leave, regardless of reason, but I doubt

I would be generous towards anyone in that establishment.

And, by the way, I tip usually extremely well for good service.

What most people do not realize is that most of us servers are only making $2.13 an hour, our living is dependent on tips. We do occasionally make mistakes, but many things are beyond our perceived control. I have had people not tip because the food took to long, which is usually something to do with the kitchen and not the server. or because I asked to see their ID for serving them Alcohol when they feel they are to old to be ID'd, which is state law. The kitchen staff/Hosts are still being paid their hourly but if you decide to not tip you are only hurting your server who is doing their best to care for you and at least 2 other tables, if not more.

... Tell the manager you will never be back, leave your No Guns, no cash card alone with no tip.

I leave the person waiting on me a good tip, along with a NO guns, NO cash card to pass to their manager. When the waiters lose good tipping customers from bad management decisions, they aren't happy.

Guest 6.8 AR
What most people do not realize is that most of us servers are only making $2.13 an hour, our living is dependent on tips. We do occasionally make mistakes, but many things are beyond our perceived control. I have had people not tip because the food took to long, which is usually something to do with the kitchen and not the server. or because I asked to see their ID for serving them Alcohol when they feel they are to old to be ID'd, which is state law. The kitchen staff/Hosts are still being paid their hourly but if you decide to not tip you are only hurting your server who is doing their best to care for you and at least 2 other tables, if not more.

Training, personality, more training, quality of food.

Look, you and anyone else that are in the serving business

don't need to make excuses for the business that you work.

If they are good and you are good, a reasonable customer

usually can ferret out the difference.

The waiter is the representative for the food getting served

to me. If they do a good job, they get a good tip, and if not,

they don't. It's a competitive business, like any other, and

good service usually wins out over bad service.

If you try harder to do a better job you tips will show it,

otherwise find another job.

You mean well and I'm not trying to hurt your attitude, so,

do better than the next server and you will succeed. Ever

heard of the phrase "kill them with kindness"?

Only speaking for myself, but there is no customary tip.

It is commensurate to the service given. Achieve and

succeed. If the food isn't any good, you won't have a job

very long, anyway and that ought to tell you something.

Guest 270win

If I am paying....I do not generally patronize such places. If someone else is paying...well I keep my mouth shut (especially if I rode in someone else's car) because I am usually in a business situation. I don't let people I do business with know that I carry a gun.....I also do not feel comfortable leaving a gun in someone else's vehicle. Family situations are similar....a few select family members (some I wish did not know) know that i have had a license/permit for quite a while...but they don't know when/where I carry or that I carry all the time....I like to keep it that way. I don't care for anyone to see my gun holster.....not even close family...it helps cut down on anyone blurting out "Hey do you have your gun on you today" discussions while in public. My gun is not left in a car...I'll say that...I don't notice a lot of signs....Memphis car theft is awful (police response to car theft is awful) and Memphis crime is awful....so that gun stays on me hidden in my pocket holster. Not "PC"...but i'm not a "PC" kind of person.

I have a handgun permit for a reason. I don't plan to attend a gun fight without a gun. If I carry correctly, only a metal detector or search by a LEO will reveal it.

I'm not a PC kind of person, so I leave my computer at home.

Guest 1010011010

Until the law is changed so tips aren't counted as part of a server's minimum wage, I'll continue to think of tipping as just another cost of going out to eat. 99% of the time, what people call "bad service" has more to do with the kitchen or the hostess (or, lets be honest, the person sitting at the table) than anything the server might control.

However, if this kicked-out-without-a-bill scenario happened to me, I wouldn't think of it as though I was stiffing the server over a policy they couldn't control. It's the restaurant owner's policy that has interfered with me leaving a tip. If the server doesn't like the restaurant's policy depriving them of tips, they can take their business elsewhere, too. Unless the server was obviously the one pushing the issue (i.e. more than just the messenger) and they remember to bring me a bill before I comply with their instructions to leave, the server'll get tipped normally.

Guest 270win

Waiters and waitresses dont get paid much at all...like 2 bucks an hour. I do the normal 15-20% because those folks have to make a living....I can't blame them for their owners' stupid rules because they may not be able to find another job.....jobs aren't that easy to come by these days.....but never had anyone anywhere tell me to leave a building (business, local/state govt building) because of my gun because it is concealed properly...so I enjoy my meal with whoever i'm eating with and tip appropriately.

I leave the person waiting on me a good tip, along with a NO guns, NO cash card to pass to their manager. When the waiters lose good tipping customers from bad management decisions, they aren't happy.
Well it's good to see some of us have good logic and understanding of how to handle these situations.

I'm a server. As with many other servers, I hate serving. I don't care about your lemons and butter and refills. But you know what? If you are sitting at one of my tables, you will be asked if you need those lemons, that butter or that refill before you even knew you needed it. I work very hard to make sure my customers are happy and full. I keep a smile on my face and swallow my pride everyday to try and make rude strangers feel at home for $2.13 an hour.

So keep in mind that we don't have much to do with company policies, long waits for food, etc. Serving jobs aren't exactly a dime a dozen these days. Like any other profession, you can't just sit around going broke, passing up job after job to wait on a place with perfect policies. Your server most likely just took whatever serving position he could find in order to put food on the table. Plus I'm sure many of you work in places that aren't CCW friendly, we wouldn't come piss you off at work because of it....

Luckily, I work in a carry friendly restaurant where even I am allowed to carry. So I will never have to be put in the compromising situation of seeing a fellow HCP holder being asked to leave for carrying (because I just might would have to leave with them).