North Korea vows Nuclear response.

Guest BEARMAN

Guest BEARMAN

Truth or dare? Saber rattling from Kim Jong Ill?

I guess we'll see who blinks first come Sunday.

"BE PREPARED"

Reuters:

SEOUL — North Korea warned Saturday that it will respond with "powerful nuclear deterrence" to joint U.S. and South Korean military exercises poised to begin this weekend, saying the drills amount to a provocation that cannot be ignored.

North Korea routinely threatens war when South Korea and the U.S. hold joint military drills, which Pyongyang sees as a rehearsal for an attack on the North. The latest threat comes amid increased tensions on the peninsula over the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship that Seoul and Washington blame on Pyongyang.

The allies' defense chiefs announced earlier in the week they would stage the drills to send a clear message to North Korea to stop its "aggressive" behavior. Forty-six South Korean sailors were killed in the March sinking of the Cheonan, considered the worst military attack on the South since the 1950-53 Korean War.

North Korea vehemently denies any involvement and says any punishment would trigger war.

On Saturday, North Korea's powerful National Defense Commission — headed by leader Kim Jong Il — backed that threat up by promising a "retaliatory sacred war" against South Korea and the U.S. for what it called a second "unpardonable" provocation after wrongly accusing the North in the Cheonan incident.

"The army and people of the (North) will legitimately counter with their powerful nuclear deterrence the largest-ever nuclear war exercises," the commission said in a statement carried by the country's official Korean Central News Agency.

A day earlier in Hanoi, a North Korean spokesman for the delegation attending a regional security conference warned the drills would draw a "physical response" from Pyongyang.

Edited by BEARMAN
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theyd nuke their own country lol

I am guessing they would nuke Japan if they were gonna pull something like that. I cannot even imagine they would try to use a tactical nuke on ships in the war games.

They aren't going to do anything.

Guest BEARMAN

They aren't going to do anything.

I certainly hope that is the case, Mike...there's a bunch of loony tune North Koreans over there, with there fingers on the button right now.

Wonder if that new laser blaster weapon could knock one out, before it had time to detonate?

I certainly hope that is the case, Mike...there's a bunch of loony tune North Koreans over there, with there fingers on the button right now.

nah, there are only a couple, the bunch of looneytunes are in DC. :)

How far can Korean nukes fly?

They gotta know if they send up a nuke it is game over.

Let me google that for you

I have heard reports in the past of North Korean Missles making it to Alaska. It is hard to find stuff on that much in the same way it is hard to get hard facts on what is crossing the border in to AZ now days.

However, the most likely response they will do will be to start up more reactors that they said they turned off. I never beleived they turned them off anyways.

Or they may blow up another mountain in another test like they did before.

Edited by vontar
Let me google that for you

I have heard reports in the past of North Korean Missles making it to Alaska. It is hard to find stuff on that much in the same way it is hard to get hard facts on what is crossing the border in to AZ now days.

However, the most likely response they will do will be to start up more reactors that they said they turned off. I never beleived they turned them off anyways.

Or they may blow up another mountain in another test like they did before.

I love to ask questions here if for no other reason someone will throw that "let me google it for you" thing. Thanks for playing, LMAO

if they shoot a nuke, Japan will be the target. Korean's hate Japs, goes way back.

We should have made South Korea into an island 60 years ago.

Seems I remember something like the following but I tried google, I did some reading on General Macarthur, and I can not find any facts to back this up. So what follow may be a complete work of fiction but in might mind I believe I heard this someplace

Well, General Macarthur wanted to do something like that about 60 years ago. However his plan was a bit further north.

If I remember correctly, he wanted to dump all of America's Nuclear waste alone the border of North Korea and China and drop about 15 to 20 small Nuclear bombs along the border to make a no man's land between China and North Korea.

Mike, I figured you would like that Google Search.

Guest mosinon
not sure who would take the shot.

It is strictly illegal for us to do this.

Maybe bribe the Chinks

I'm not sure this is, strictly speaking, true. While it is illegal to assassinate someone I think Bill Clinton argued that it was okay for his administration to try to kill Bin Laden before Bin Laden had actually done anything due to imminent threat or some such. My google fu is weak right now but, if my memory is correct, the reason it was okay to lob missiles at Bin Laden (the miss gave him a certain arab cred) was because if we didn't he would do something terrible.

Which he later did.

tl:dr you can find a reason if you really want to.

Guest malbolja

It's only illegal for the .gov to assassinate the leader of a foreign nation (thanks Dhimmi Carter). Bin Laden is fair game since he is not.

Mike - if you bomb NK till it's underwater, SK would become an island.

Sorry, but turn the entire country into a parking lot and plunk a WalMart in the middle of it. That would serve multiple. It would:

End the North Korean nuclear program

End the North/South eons squabble

Send a CLEAR message to other third world countries to back off, we are now awake and not to be trifled with anymore

Give Walmart a larger business base. hehe