AR15 issue

Guest ls2tiger

Guest ls2tiger

I need some input.

I got a couple of milspec stocks off a member here and want to put them on two of my AR's but one AR has a A2 stock and the other has a commercial buffer tube.

The one with the A2 stock I knew I would need a buffer tube for so I picked one up today at a local shop. So I thought......:) I unpackaged it tonight and it's a commercial buffer tube! crap...:P So now I'm PO'd about it cause I have to take it back and now order one. I mean what kinda shop thats suppose to be run by ex "opperators" gets a buffer tube wrong when I told him twice it had to be mil spec...? Do these people think that because I'm a civilian now that I've lost all my brain matter or are they that dumb ?;);)

I need two tubes one for the A2 and one for the commercial. Why did I only get one tube today? I was told the rifle with the M4 stock was mil but it turned out to be commercial......great my luck just keeps on going. Lesson learned. Don't expect anything,I will now break out my calipers and measure before hand........:P

So here's what I need. I need to find a place that has good prices and shipping for a buffer tube and they must know the difference between mil spec 1.15 and commercial 1.17. A place that can ship fast would be great also.:D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ls2tiger
Check out Aim Surplus. They get a lot of my money, and have free shipping on most items. They also ship way quick.

DSA Inc. 6-Position Mil-Spec Buffer Tube

I returned the comm tube and got a mil tube today. That allowed me to put my ACS on the one rifle. (looks and feels great) I also took your advice and ordered one from AIM today. It was a very easy site to use and they shot me a E-mail comfirmation within minutes. Thanks, I've allways used another site but AIM has good prices so mabey they'll get a little more business from me if all goes well.

Guest nozzle13

Heck you could have kept the commercial tube, Aim has a great deal on the ACS Commercial, it's like 30 or 40 bucks cheaper than the milspec.

Guest ls2tiger

Update: The tube assembly came in today complete for $39.00 from Aim Surplus. Thats the tube,buffer,buffer spring, locking ring and castle nut. Changed the stock in about 5 minutes with no lost springs.