HAD TO CLEAR MY HOUSE LAST NIGHT

Guest 10mm4me

Guest 10mm4me

So last night, before I went to bed, the last thing that happened was that my wife turned off the hallway light. So imagine her surprise when she happened to wake up @ 3 a.m. to see it on. She instantly woke me up and said the hall light is on and I know I turned it off (we are the only 2 in the house). It took me a second to register everything, but when I did a cold chill ran down my spine. I grabbed the Sig 226 off the nightstand and went to it. I have some experiences clearing houses, in the Corps and in Iraq, but it has been a few years. Well, I checked every room, closet, shower...and then noticed the front door was locked from the inside. I checked to see if our house keys were still here in case someone wanted to comeback later. They were. I cleared the entire house. Well, come to find out, the stupid cat had jumped up the wall and turned the light on in the middle of the night. I often use a laser and play w/him and he will jump half way up the wall. I guess he thought if he jumped the laser would appear. Well, he turned the light on instead much to mine and my wife's delight.:screwy::screwy::screwy:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman

Glad everything turned out to be OK for you and your wife. Thank goodness it turned out to only be a good training excercise.

I have some experiences clearing houses, in the Corps and in Iraq, but it has been a few years.

We occasionally practice clearing the house w/ airsofts and surefires. Good practice and actually a lot of fun.

Have one person "set" the house w/ a few targets and you can run the drill starting from your bed.

If you use paper targets, the airsofts will usually go right through so you can check your shot placement.

I had a similar scare last night. Funny enough it involves our cat. Tuesday and Wednesday we've had painters in the house, they'll be back today. We also had our HVAC unit worked on yesterday. A guy also came out to survey and mark off for our new fence. Needless to say quite a few people in and out.

Anyway I heard a noise that caused me to sit straight up in bed. I heard what sounded like a human, moaning voice trying to say something legible. Then I hear strange foot steps in the hall leading to our bedroom door. We have two kids, one 8 yrs old and the other 7 months old. The 7 month old was not possible.

I let my eyes adjust to the dark and grabbed the pistol.

Short version: The painters left all their drop cloths as is since they were coming back and my cat's footsteps on the one in our hall "sounded" ominous. LOL! In the same hall is my office, it has French doors. Apparently a cat toy got in there and I closed the door. She was sitting outside the door moaning and wanting that toy. That was the freakiest and spookiest moan I've ever heard a cat make. It sounded like a human with a gag trying to call out.

I hate to admit this, but it really sounded "ghostly" and I don't believe in ghosts. I was wondering if I had the wrong weapon. LOL!

Guest 10mm4me
I hate to admit this, but it really sounded "ghostly" and I don't believe in ghosts. I was wondering if I had the wrong weapon. LOL!

You needed a phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range

I had some try and break into my house at 3:00AM (where I used to live) in the window right above my bed. I heard the noise and opened the blind and saw the dude face to face. Talk about waking up fast!

I bet HE THINKS you scared him as much as he scared you. Of course that's not possible, huh?

Last night must have been the night for being woke up with a pucker factor involved. About 2:45 my dogs start growling down from the top of the stairs. I sounded kind of low and ominous as American Bulldogs usually do. I grabbed my gun and mag lite and head down the hall to face the intruder in my boxer briefs. The dogs went on down and were barking before I could get to the top of the stairs to go down. Never saw anything worth barking/growling at, but they did apparently. I guess they scared away whatever/whoever it was before I got a chance, which is best for all involved.

Guest 10mm4me
Too funny! I'm also a member of TNDeer and there's a guy on that site with the same username as you.

Yeah, I know that guy......IT'S ME!!!!!

Yeah, I know that guy......IT'S ME!!!!!

LOL! Small world! I'm AlexDad over there. Alex is my son and I'm his Dad. Now that I have a little girl too, I need get her name in there as well. She's Olivia and we call her Livvy. Maybe I should be AleviaDad.(?)

I'm a member of a lot of forums. Not a huge poster but I check them and read every day. I will have to say that the ones I'm a member of that are more local, such as TN based I get a lot more active. Met A LOT of good friends thru gun/hunting oriented TN sites.

• 2 weeks later...

I am allergic to cats but it is a funny story and I'm glad it wasn't a bad guy. I see out of 23 replies no one told you that you shouldn't clear your house. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't want people to read your post and think that clearing their house is smart. Clearing a house is a very dumb thing to do and you will get yourself killed and your wife will be at the mercy of the bad guy. This is not just my humble opinion. It is also the opinion of Massad Ayoob. Take no offense and take it for what it's worth.