Fun times at the DMV

Well Today I rubbed shoulder with my fellow members of the community at the local DMV.

We where packed in there like cattle I tell you.

They had 4 state workers and 6 lines.

Everyone that went in, had to stop at counter number 2 and get a number and form.

The person at counter number 2 was pretty much doing the jobs at counter 1 and 4, plus counter 2. Counter 6 only severed 3 people in like 2 hours while I was there, but I believe that was the driving part of the test. Hells bells if they put more then 3 new drivers on the road per 2 hours, I guess they have to wait until other drivers expire by some means, natural or other.

Finally as the herd thins it gets down to only 3. It only takes about 20 minutes to get on guys picture took, as it took 2 state workers to get the camera working.

2 remain, yet the counter is still reporting 7 customers remain, as they click though the number waiting and yet the remaining 2 have yet to be called you wonder if those state workers can see the ghost of those who have left. As they they give them time to make it to to counter but they never appear. Finally you are called, they take your papers and low and behold you had everything down. You waited 2 hours and they only needed you for 5 minutes.

However, in that 2 hours you spend, you got to see some of the interesting people you share your community with.

Everyone thinks there are so many uneducated voters out there that don't have enough sense to vote. I saw one or 2 remove themselves.

I saw a young girl walk off and they tried to call her back, "Miss, did you want to register to vote? You put a check in the box to register to vote." she looked at I guess her mom and ask if she should. (not wanting to quote exactly, in short said they never voted before and she decided not to register to vote.

I figure since she at the end of the line and would probably never make that trip again just to register to vote, that is one that probably if voted probably would have just voted for who ever someone said to and would not have been informed at all about and now will probably not register to vote for many years to come.

At least I am done there.

Next will be finger painting time. NOT A TYPO

Edited by vontar
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what bugs me the most is the fact that the DMV office where I went to take care of that portion of getting my permit (and where I took my mom to take care of that part of getting hers) was posted. I mean, the very place where you go to get your HCP run by the very state agency that is responsible for issuing those permits posts to prevent you from legally carrying there? I find that to be ironic at the very least.

The DMV office I usually go to has moved since I was last there so I don't know if the new location is posted or not. Just makes no sense to me that an HCP holder who is legally carrying should have to leave his/her carry weapon in their vehicle when they go in to renew their HCP.

On the form that you fill out, on the cover I believe it states you can't carry in side the state DL place.

Which ironically was not correctly posted correctly until the new law went into effect with the looser posting requirements. Sad when a STATE agency can't even get the simple posting requirements done correctly!

Guest peacexxl

I live in Shelby county but almost never go to the DMV here. I try to go to Oakland or another facility on the outskirts just to avoid the congestion.

Guest uofmeet

X2

I went to the one in oakland, in and out in less than 30 min prob....even when we went to change the wife's name, we were in and out pretty quickly.

Guest KimberChick
X2

I went to the one in oakland, in and out in less than 30 min prob....even when we went to change the wife's name, we were in and out pretty quickly.

Really? Think I'll just go there when I renew. That beats taking a half-day off from work to sit for 2-3 hours only to hand in my already-filled-out renewal and already-written check.

Guest The Highlander

Last time I went there, I somehow timed it to be the only person in the place. I have no idea how that happened. Anyway, it was just me and the three employees, so I walked right up to the counter. The lady there emphatically, and rather loudly, informed me that I MUST take a number from their little machine. I did, then walked back to her.

Then she informed me in a very patronizing manner, that she couldn't wait on me until my number was called.

And they wonder why we make fun of them...