TFA via John Harris Endorses Ramsey for Governor

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add to the TFA endorsement, at least 20 State wide Tea Party entities doing the same:

Tennessee Tea Party

TENNESSEE (July 5, 2010) – An association of twenty Tea Party organizations representing every corner of the state announced today that they are endorsing Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey for the next Governor of Tennessee.

These groups arrived at their decisions following a thorough, three-month vetting process, which included research into the candidates’ backgrounds and voting records, completion of vetting questionnaires, and culminated in a vetting forum near Nashville on June 27th. Republican, Democratic, and Independent candidates were considered for their knowledge, commitment, and record on the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, fiscal responsibility, the role of the State and Federal Governments, and protection of the rights of individuals.

Eric Stamper of Sumner United for Responsible Government coordinated the vetting and endorsement process and said, "We believe the comprehensive and cautious nature of our vetting combined with the endorsement of almost every Tea Party group capable of endorsing will give voters the security to know that Ron Ramsey is the candidate who is most committed to limited and responsible government and has the best record to prove it. Despite what other candidates may claim, this endorsement of Ron Ramsey by twenty of Tennessee’s Tea Party groups and the previous endorsement of approximately fifty individual founders and leaders of liberty groups should confirm once and for all that Ron Ramsey is the ‘tea party candidate’ and enjoys nearly unanimous support among the tea parties.â€

Lt. Governor Ramsey said, “I am thrilled to be endorsed by the Tea Party movement in Tennessee. This movement represents the values of Tennesseans who share my love for the state and my desire to focus on controlling our budget, limiting the scope of government and encouraging new business through free markets. My commitment to these principles as Lt. Governor has been clear and when I am elected Governor, I will ensure our state sovereignty and the liberty of the people of Tennessee.â€

The groups joining in the endorsement represent approximately 25 counties and more than 20,000 Tea Party participants and include:

Bedford County Tea Party

Big South Fork Tea Party

Cumberland County Tea Party

Fayette County Tea Party

Franklin County Tea Party

Gibson County Patriots

Humphreys County Tea Party

Knoxville Tea Party

Lincoln County Tea Party The Members of Cross County Patriots

The Memphis TEA Party

Monteagle Tea Party

Moore County Tea Party

Roane County Tea Party

Robertson County Tea Party

Sumner United for Responsible Government

Tea Party Cooperative

Tennessee Tea Party

Tipton County Tea Party

Upper Cumberland Freedom Rally

Teresa Stang, a member of the leadership team for Cross County Patriots, said, “When the Tea Party Movement started in 2009, the emphasis was on an out of control Federal Government, but State Governments do not have to cave in to the Federal Government, courtesy of the 10th Amendment. We view the role of Governor as being highly critical and I personally was excited at the unbiased vetting process that took place among liberty-minded groups statewide. We need a principled governor who is willing to take a stand. Ron Ramsey is the overwhelming choice of the members of Cross County Patriots in Loudon and West Knox Counties because we believe he is such a man.â€

Mark A. Skoda, founder of The Memphis TEA Party, stated, “We appreciate that all of the candidates are now paying verbal respect to the Constitution and individual liberty, but the other candidates’ records and responses cause us concern. Bill Haslam has been a member of Mayor Bloomberg’s anti-gun coalition, opposes using the same anti-immigration policies as Arizona, has proposed several areas of government growth, and is difficult to nail down on any particular issue. Zach Wamp voted for TARP, Cash For Clunkers, No Child Left Behind, Real ID national identification system, and is now in his eighth term in Congress after pledging no more than six terms.â€

Skoda further commented, “Ron Ramsey, by contrast, tells you exactly where he stands on every issue. He has vastly expanded the ability of Tennesseans to get gun carry permits, stands ready to implement the Arizona illegal immigration law, has sponsored legislation to reduce estate taxes and the Hall tax, and co-sponsored legislation to repeal the constitutionally-questionable Federal healthcare bill. He has received numerous awards for his pro-business and pro-life legislation.“

About the association of Tea Party groups:

The tea party movement is a grassroots phenomenon made up of everyday citizens with little or no previous political experience. These citizens have been moved to action by a sudden acceleration in government spending, government intrusion, and disregard for the Constitution and rule of law. Tennessee has an active Tea Party movement, with more than forty known entities identifying as Tea Parties, promoting adherence to the principles of liberty and limited government embodied by the American Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Each tea party group involved in this endorsement is completely autonomous and decided to endorse according to its own rules and procedures

Been hunting, going to gun shows and shootiing all types of firearms for 52 years all the while a resident of Tennessee or just across the border in Alabama (62 years old). Endowment member of the NRA and member of the old Tennessee Gun Collectors Association when it was up and going. Never ever heard of the Tennessee Firearms Association. I don't believe this endorsement will carry much weight with the average gun owner or citizen.

Superposed

Been hunting, going to gun shows and shootiing all types of firearms for 52 years all the while a resident of Tennessee or just across the border in Alabama (62 years old). Endowment member of the NRA and member of the old Tennessee Gun Collectors Association when it was up and going. Never ever heard of the Tennessee Firearms Association. I don't believe this endorsement will carry much weight with the average gun owner or citizen.

Superposed

Seek and ye shall find.

First, I suggest that you research what the TFA is.

Second, I suggest you contact any of the Senators or Representatives that have been instrumental in the writing and passing of Gun Rights initiatives in the State of Tennessee over the course of the last couple of years, and ask if they know what, and who the TFA is.

Then I would respectfully ask that you check and see which organization donated the most money to STATE legislators re: 2nd Amendment issues in 2010.

Ask the State Senators and Representatives, City Council members from the Jackson area, the Mayors of Jackson and Madison County, the Jackson Chief of Police and Madison County Sheriff if any of them know the TFA.

Find out which municipality of any size first defeated the MTAS fostered denial of the ability of HCP holders to carry in a City park, and what entity was responsible for raising the necessary opposition. See which group was instrumental in defeating a MTAS sponsored initiative to reinstate a 15 day waiting period for handgun purchase, as well as denying individual firearms transfers of any type without permission of the Chief of Police, along with the requirement that an FFL be involved.

All this from an all volunteer organization, where no member or official is paid a single cent for their efforts on behalf of gun owners or sportsmen.