Diamond Back .380 ????????

VERO1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CajunKen

You might also want to check out the new S&W Bodyguard 38, which comes with an attached insight Laser. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, and I love it.

Guest AlzRuger

Will Carry, sounds like you may be touching the mag

Release when firing . It let's the mag

Drop and will cause the problem that

You are having.

Will Carry, sounds like you may be touching the mag

Release when firing . It let's the mag

Drop and will cause the problem that

You are having.

Respectfully, that is not the problem at all. Problem is that you bought the wrong gun. Get an LCP. There are a ton of them out there and I think Ruger has gotten the bugs worked out by now.

The Diamondback is my "project gun" now. I am going to see what I can do to get it working. The mag release idea is interesting and thanks for the suggestion......i just checked. My finger doesn't touch the mag release. I have some different ammo I'm gonna try before I send it back. It's such a shame. This pistol shoots great. It did not jam shooting Cor-Bon Powerballs but those rounds cost around $1.50 cent a shot! I've shot P3ATs and LCPs and this gun shoots better by far. It's just that the P3ATs and LCPs didn't jam. I guess I could buy an LCP but I just don't like the .380 in general. I'll stick with my Chief's Special I recon.

Edited by Will Carry
Guest AlzRuger

JReedESQ, Respectfully, Spoken like someone who doesn't own one, and someone who has never fired one. The subject was DB 380. Not what gun SHOULD have been purchased. You seem very sure of your self on problems with a DB 380, but you only think, Ruger has the problems worked out.

JReedESQ, Respectfully, Spoken like someone who doesn't own one, and someone who has never fired one. The subject was DB 380. Not what gun SHOULD have been purchased. You seem very sure of your self on problems with a DB 380, but you only think, Ruger has the problems worked out.

That's right I've never owned one and never fired one. I can only speak from my personal experience with a very similiar gun that I own that has been flawless. We all have our own choices to make and can speak from our own personal experiences. I just can't seem to understand why anyone would get a self-defense gun that is so questionable (to put it mildly). I'd welcome the moderators to delete my posts if I was out of turn suggesting another gun on a DB380 thread. I believe that the purpose of the thread was to find out if anyone has gotten these guns to work right or if there are still problems being reported. My post was to indicate that I believe problems are still being reported and that I believe their are more reliable options available. I'm not sure how that's off topic. :rolleyes:

Edited by JReedEsq

I think the prupose of this thread is to discuss the DB380. You don't need to own one to join in with us as far as I'm concerned. It's an open forum. You just don't have to rub it in that we bought a flawed handgun! That we could have bought an LCP for the same price! That we have spent $300+ on a pistol and hundreds in ammo for a pistol that is only reliable on the first shot! They will make it work! THEY WILL I TELL YA! They will...................................won't they?

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to shoot my DB380 with no failures last Saturday. I was shooting PMC Starfire and Cor Bon Powerballs. CA-CHING! I shot 3 magazines, rapid fire. 18 rounds, ~$20. The pistol has been having problems extracting the spent casings out of the barrel. The people at Diamondback suggested I stop shooting cheap target loads and stick to personal defense loads. It has never failed with Cor-Bon Powerballs and Starfires. The Powerballs are awesome.

I went to the range again yesterday and fired 24 rounds as fast as I could, with no failures. I will continue to test this pistol with different types of ammo. So far Cor-Bon Powerballs, PMC Starfires are good. American Eagle target loads: not good.

Edited by Will Carry
  • 2 months later...

After my last post and 4 trips to the range my BD380 has not failed. I'm not having to grip it any different now or anything. I'm even shooting cheap target ammo in it now. Well it did fail once. I let a guy shoot it who hasn't been shooting long and he stuck his thumb up. His thumb is OK, just a flesh wound. The empty casing did not eject. The next week he was shooting his XD-45 and stuck his thumb up, now that must have hurt.

The only thing I did to my little DB380 is polish the feed ramp. I carry it now either as a primary or BUG. I'm carrying Cor-Bon Powerballs in it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MrCleaner30

I wanted to love my DB380 so bad I really did! The accuracy, trigger, recoil - was just better than most other 380's in its class. It was a pleasure to shoot besides all the malfunctions lol. I didn't even bother sending back. I got rid of it and picked up a Kahr P380 and never looked back. Not 1 hiccup to date thru 600 rds.