Diamond Back .380 ????????

VERO1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CajunKen

I kept having failures to feed, until Scott at Outdoor Junction in Cookville suggested I wrap the Index finger of my left hand around the front of the trigger guard and squeeze it tightly. That solved the problem and it worked as advertised as long as I concentrated on the grip. If I relaxed the left hand, back to FTF.

Guest 10mm4me

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT! I got mine working! 100 rounds of American Eagle target loads with zero failures. 20 rounds of Cor-bon Power Balls with no failures. I did three things, 1) shot 200 "break in" rounds through it. I had many many FTFs. 2) I polished the feed ramp with a fine polishing rouge to a mirror finish. 3) I changed my grip so I could hold it a little firmer. I am very happy with it now. I have been in contact with their customer service, they were very helpful.

I will carry this pistol now. It will out shoot a Kel-tec 3AT or a Ruger Kel-Tec LCP. Less felt recoil, better sights. I will never ever buy another 380 anything. I would rather carry an LCR .357.

Edited by Will Carry
Guest CajunKen

Steelharp: If you are going to quote me, I'd appreciate it if you would quote me correctly instead of making up a bunch of crap that you apparently thought was funny. I was giving an honest assessment of my experience with the weapon. On the other hand I personally know of three other owners of the Diamondback who love it and have had no problems with it.

Steelharp: If you are going to quote me, I'd appreciate it if you would quote me correctly instead of making up a bunch of crap that you apparently thought was funny. I was giving an honest assessment of my experience with the weapon. On the other hand I personally know of three other owners of the Diamondback who love it and have had no problems with it.

It was, indeed, an attempt to be humorous. Apparently, you don't see it, so I will edit the above post. Enjoy your DB.

I personally am happy with my LCP. My local dealer just got a Diamondback in. They are nice looking little guns. I remembered the mixed problems folks were having with them and wondered if later models were working better.

I kept having failures to feed, until Scott at Outdoor Junction in Cookville suggested I wrap the Index finger of my left hand around the front of the trigger guard and squeeze it tightly. That solved the problem and it worked as advertised as long as I concentrated on the grip. If I relaxed the left hand, back to FTF.
... I changed my grip so I could hold it a little firmer....

Just what one needs in a carry gun, a heater that needs a perfect grip in a high stress situation to function.

I think I'll switch from my XD ... it's much too boring. :doh:

- OS

Kevo, for MY hand... I can't even drop the hammer on the KT/Rugers. My finger hits my hand on the left side of the grip before the hammer falls; so those are useless to me. My .380 of choice is my SIG P230. It's old, and it eats anything with no issues, and is dead accurate. Why they quit making them... ?

Guest CajunKen
I'm curious enough to post a question. How does the trigger compare to the other 380 pocket rockets. I've shot the Kel-Tec and the Ruger.

Kevo: I haven't fired a LCP, but I owned a P-3AT and I found the trigger pull on the DB much better. It is smooth and not excessively long and hard like the Kel-Tec.

What about this? GLOCK

Crap; says LE and Gubmint agency sales only. WTF?

It has something to do with U.S. import laws. I'm sure Glock (who I assume likes making money) would love to sell them here. I remember reading all about the dumb*ss U.S. import laws and why they weren't allowed to import them, but I don't remember where the article was. Personally, why would I want that when I can have a G26 in 9mm which is the same size with the same mag capacity?

It has something to do with U.S. import laws. I'm sure Glock (who I assume likes making money) would love to sell them here. I remember reading all about the dumb*ss U.S. import laws and why they weren't allowed to import them, but I don't remember where the article was. Personally, why would I want that when I can have a G26 in 9mm which is the same size with the same mag capacity?

As kb4ns said, why would they sell here? They are same size as G26. It wouldn't compete with the current mousegun market.

They primarily sell them in countries where "military calibers" aren't allowed, like some S. American countries.

ATF assigns a point system for importation of firearms .. Glock barely makes the grade on many of their guns, does NOT make it with the .380 model.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Picked up a Diamondback from Hero Gear a couple of weeks ago. Only 75 rounds so far with 2 light primer strikes. :) No FTF or FTE. I have been carrying it some but need to get more range time with it. Light primer strikes were with some old ammo I had laying around don't know the make. Primers did not seem to be seated too deep. It did eat 3 different HP brands (12 each) with no problems. Sights seemed dead on at 7 yds.

I went back to the range Monday and fired a box of American Eagle target rounds. I had two failures to eject. It pulled the spent casing out of the barrel almost all of the way, then let go. The round from the magazine was jammed against the spent shell casing. Maybe it's the ammo, I don't know. I am starting to carry my fanny pack holster with my Glock 36 inside now. I think I'm just gonna give up on the pocket pistol concept. I'm gonna mess around with this Diamondback and send it back for warrenty work and see what they can do to it. The warrenty is only good for the original owner.

I went to the store to buy an LCP, but for some reason when I have a pocket full of money it effects my brain. If I can figure out what to do with the Diamondback I will get an LCP. I own 4 Ruger hand guns, a GP-100, Mark III and two Single Sixs, and they all shoot well.

I haven't held the LCR yet. I carry an M85UL sometimes. I'm going to the Dixie Gun and Knife show August 6th (with a pocket full of cash) if I can stop myself from buying something stupid I'll check them out. I do like a wheel gun and 38 special ammo is easier to find.