The Outpost Armory inventory

Guest Orion6

Guest JHatmaker
Not bashing, but that doesn't mean it's a good price. If Bud's or Tanner's or AIM can sell something, say a Century WASR AK for $399, bigger stores around the south shouldn't be too far off. Say it was $439 or so, I wouldn't complain. But I saw three WASR's yesterday for $539 and up at two places. That's high.

And I agree, I never said it means it's a good price. But lets say you talk the shop down to $500 out the door (very reachable I think). If you bought that WASR you're going to pay $20-30 in shipping, then $25-50 for a transfer fee depending where you go. So that brings it up to $450-$480. Yes, you're saving a little money; but not enough for me not to give the local guys my business.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jhatmaker raises some very good points....also I think if everyone wasnt so quick to say "I can get it cheaper elsewhere" we might see more vendor specials....it really doesnt surprise me that a bunch of vendors on here have gone quiet in the last 6 months due to trolls spouting off about how such and such has it priced for so much lower....I think if anyone thinks a vendor is overpriced the proper thing to do would be to send them a PM stating their opinion and let the vendor adjust from there instead of open forum "bashing".

If the price is within $50-$100 of internet prices, I would without a doubt buy it from a LGS. Even though JG has WASRs for $390, after $30 in shipping and $40 in a background and transfer, you are only paying $40 more from a local at $500, for the gun you held in your hand, as opposed to one that might have everything canted and dinged.

Guest Orion6

Magiccarpetrides, I'm not a troll, but I'm not afraid to speak my mind. I've said I like the Outpost a lot; I'm not out to bash them. It's my opinion, and we all have one. I will visit them again, and I have bought from them in the past.

And I wouldn't call someone like AIM a big internet company. They usually have no more than 10 of a specific gun (they even give counts now).

I COMPLETELY understand overhead, paying employees, etc. It's not that I begrudge a company their profit. But ALL OF YOU know the difference in a 40% markup and just plain overpriced.

Well I just picked up a case (1000 rounds) of new Wolf 7.62x37 there for $199. Plus tax but that's about what shipping would have been anyway.

I buy some stuff on the net but other things just need to be felt to see if it's gonna fit me or not.

If there are no more LGS what will happen to internet prices?

• Admin Team

I appreciate the guys at the Outpost (or any other vendor on here for that matter) stepping up and laying out the cash to have inventory in stock that I can put my hands on before I buy it. If it's something that no one carries, sure I'll order it off the internet. Otherwise, I appreciate the ability to be able to put my hands on it and play with it. That's worth something of a premium to me. I'm not going to go to the Outpost or another store, check something out, and then order it from Buds. They are putting a lot of capital out there to have a store where I can go and touch something. If they are going to step up and do that, then I am going to try and buy from them when I can.

If you think something is priced high, give them a chance to match what you've seen elsewhere. I would be willing to bet that Chris wouldn't knowingly lose a sale to Bud's or Academy or anywhere else.

The Outpost has always dealt more than fairly with me, and I would recommend them to anyone. We are really fortunate, especially here in Middle Tennessee to have some great vendors with some great knowledge. The Outpost, Hero Gear and Guns for America are going to get my business whenever possible.