Wife of Oil Company Executive Injured by Bomb Delivered by Mail

Guest SUNTZU

Guest SUNTZU

Article

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Local and federal investigators were at a northwest Houston home Friday night where an explosion sent a woman to the hospital.

The woman was opening a package left at her doorstep in the 2100 block of Seamist Court Friday evening. She had found the shoe-sized box in front of her home about a day ago but didn't decide to open it until around 6:30pm Friday.

The woman, who officials said is in her 60s, took the box to the backyard and opened it on the patio. That's when it exploded. "Don't know where it came from -- postal service or whether it was dropped off. I don't have that information yet," said HPD Lt. Colin Weatherly."The person went outside, basically opened the packaged; it detonated."

Residents told Eyewitness News that when the bomb went off, it sounded like a transformer blew.

The woman was transported to Northwest Memorial Hospital with facial injuries that are not life-threatening. Officials with the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, as well as the Houston Police Department's homicide and bomb squad were at the scene investigating.

It wasn't immediately clear whether the house was targeted, however, Eyewitness News found out the home is owned by an oil company executive. Stay with Eyewitness News for updates to this story.

Damn Tea Partiers. :rolleyes:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU
I think he was being sarcastic due to the fact that the Obama admin keeps telling us that conservative TP are the real threat.

Yep. I figured the sarcastic roll eyes smiley would get that point across. :rolleyes::P

I think he was being sarcastic due to the fact that the Obama admin keeps telling us that conservative TP are the real threat.

I know. I haven't heard that out of the Obama admin, but have out of leftie politicians and the TV mouths.

They need to find whoever deid this, and since it's Texas, beat the hell out of them on the way to jail.

I know. I haven't heard that out of the Obama admin, but have out of leftie politicians and the TV mouths.

They need to find whoever deid this, and since it's Texas, beat the hell out of them on the way to jail.

Straight out of the Justice Dept.

Then sentence them to community service with the bomb squad for a year!

Guest HvyMtl

"Obama admin keeps telling us that conservative TP are the real threat."

Yeah, I agree, conservative TP is a little rough on the bum. That is why I go two ply.

And that recycled TP is a bit too rough too... And really, the recycled part bugs me. I am wiping with what, exactly?

Back on topic.

Yeah, surprised that was not all over the news. Or perhaps it was, did not watch much T.V. this weekend...

Guest 6.8 AR

The victim was the 61 y/o wife of a smaller oil exploration company.

Forgot the name, and I hadn't heard of it, either. Don't think it was a

company related to contractors of BP. I think FOX news said it was

a land based exploration company. Been covered since some time

last week on FOX.

Guest Lester Weevils

Straight out of the Unabomber playbook.

Speaking of the Unabomber, there was this old amusing "Al Gore or the Unabomber" quiz--

Al Gore or the Unabomber?

"Each quote below is either from Al Gore's Book Earth in the Balance or from the Unabomber's Manifesto."

I honestly tried to make a good score on the quiz, and it is impossible to reliably tell the difference between the two tomes because both are outstandingly but equally incoherent.

Since the Unabomber is still in jail, maybe they should check up on Al Gore's alibi? :D

Straight out of the Unabomber playbook.

Speaking of the Unabomber, there was this old amusing "Al Gore or the Unabomber" quiz--

Al Gore or the Unabomber?

"Each quote below is either from Al Gore's Book Earth in the Balance or from the Unabomber's Manifesto."

I honestly tried to make a good score on the quiz, and it is impossible to reliably tell the difference between the two tomes because both are outstandingly but equally incoherent.

Since the Unabomber is still in jail, maybe they should check up on Al Gore's alibi? :D

I took the quiz and worked under the assumption that the more intelligently constructed quotes must have come from the unabomber. I was right 75% of the time.
Guest BEARMAN

I'm guessing it was some tree hugger, hippy type terrorist organization...the type that blows up pharmaceutical research facilities. IMO.