Tx congressman Losses his mind when talking to a Voter when he can't lie anymore

I'm not defending him....I just don't see anything to attack him on in this video.

I'm certainly not going to fabricate something to attack him over because he supports something I disagree with.

I'm with you. I just don't see much there in that brief clip. He was out of line and handled it very poorly, but nothing outrageous or crazy. Of course others have set the crazy bar so incredibly high, it takes a lot these days. 20 years ago that would have been a crazy outburst. Today not so much. :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He’s not confident; he’s scared. He knows he blew it by voting for the bill, he doesn’t understand the bill he voted for, and when the approved talking points don’t work on constituents like they work on the captive press, he doesn’t know what to say. And as we lawyers know, when you’ve got nothing else, you pound on the table, as Rodriguez proceeds to do.

UPDATE: A reader emails: “I watched the video 2x and I can tell you that as a woman who used to be married to a physical abuser, I can detect a woman-abuser a mile away. I flinched for the woman that he approached with that paper in his hand – I thought he was going to smack her with the paper. And when he smacked the table, I had no doubt that he truly wanted to hit her.” Well, I don’t possess such intuitive powers, but he certainly looks like a jerk.

Guest HvyMtl

Ok, he slapped the table away from her, in a response to another person.

This is, what, 30 seconds +/- - and does not show the entire discussion. I have a feeling this person taping was attempting to provoke, and this is all they got from him. Typical political football, is the impression I am getting.

Don't like what someone stands for? Attack them personally (calling someone a liar is a personal attack) and get their flash of anger on video. Then over emphasis what he did. Lie about what he did ("lose his mind" and "can't lie anymore".) Then spread it around so he looks bad. Poor attempt at political football.

Poke and poke and poke and poke and poke. Then when you get a response, blow it out of proportion.

Too bad they failed in getting him really riled up. This is weak sauce.

He did not threaten the person, he did not "lose his mind," he was attacked and tried to continue the conversation. True, he is not a good speaker, and true this O care is scary, but this is false propaganda and makes the users thereof look poorly...

Guest 6.8 AR

Who attacked that poor congressman? That woman said "Tell the truth",

and went on to say CBO has revised several times. He used the same

tactic "former" senator Arlen Specter used in a town hall meeting. He

couldn't explain his vote and went on to retaliate. That doesn't fit

propaganda one bit. The congressman can't explain and be truthful

because he would have to say Nancy Pelosi twisted his arm.