Whale Wars

Guest grays

Guest grays

I just think every forum regardless of the main topic should have at least one thread making fun of this show. So lets hear it...;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with what they do, just the way they do it. Very wasteful and unproductive.

I'm always amazed when they attempt toss stuff aboard the Japanese whaling ships, only to miss a great majority of the time. For the most part, if they are close enough to hit the deck of the Japanese whaling ships, they are fighting against the Japanese water cannons. All while they could simply drop that stuff from the helicopter. Makes no sense to me.

yea, I am fine with their Beliefs. They do make some good points and no one believes the Japanese are doing it for research.

The Japanese don't need the whales that bad for food either, they are doing it for pure profit, which should be stopped. His little boat is not going to do it, but it has at least brought some additional attention to it.

I also have no problem with what they do....but how they do it seems a bit crazy.

I do love watching that show, though. I especially love how those weenies think they will stop the whale fishing by throwing the stink bombs at them.

Yeah, let's make fishermen stink.....that'll work ;)

Guest grays
Did you see the South park Eps when they dd the spoof on Whale Wars when Stan took over War Whales? It was one of the best eps.

Heck ya, and don't misunderstand me there cause is fine its just they are dumb as hell.

Edited by grays

They're eco-terrorist, liars, and pirates. The same bunch that spike trees in the northwest, beat park rangers, and bomb logging roads. Funny how some of you guys who are always whining about how you don't want others beliefs forced on anyone else are all the sudden fine with it as long as it's the Japanese. ;) Those guys are idiots and I have no pity for whatever befalls them. I'm just surprised the Japanese have been so restrained.

I work for the Japanese at this time and I vow that if I ever find another job I will never work for them again but I have to say that as far as Whale Wars is concerned that I root for the Japanese. I just can't stand the environmentalist's tactics and they way they lie to the media. I believe it was last season where they hit one of the whaler's boats then got on the radio to the media saying how they had been hit.

They're eco-terrorist, liars, and pirates. The same bunch that spike trees in the northwest, beat park rangers, and bomb logging roads. Funny how some of you guys who are always whining about how you don't want others beliefs forced on anyone else are all the sudden fine with it as long as it's the Japanese. ;) Those guys are idiots and I have no pity for whatever befalls them. I'm just surprised the Japanese have been so restrained.

I meant I can understand their believes, I did not say I agree with their actions.

You are correct, they are Terrorist. There will be a breaking point on international Law at some point. The Japanese are also filming their side of it.

However, these whales are still on the endangered species lists right?

As for the show Whale Wars, I was only able to watch a few eps when I was in bed sick and they had a marathon of it on TV that day, it was a bad reality TV show.

Much win here.

That pretty much sums it up.

Much win here.
That pretty much sums it up.

Bull crap.

The Japanese and Norwegians are in direct violation of international anti-whaling agreements that their own governments signed off on.

These "eco terrorists" are the only ones with any balls out there at all, and I wish them all the best of luck.

- OS

Guest buttonhook
In Tennessee, You can’t shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile..

Source

Dumb Laws in Tennessee. Crazy Tennessee Laws. We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

So is that a legal defense for shooting from a moving vehical...."Officer, I was only whale hunting." and since it would be a non native invasive speices. they dont even have to be in season. Come to think of it its prob. killer whales killing my livestock and not the stinky coyotes.

Edited by buttonhook

Oh Shoot is right its against international law to captue or kill whales both of the countries in question sighned the treaty.

While I am not a wacko enviremenlist the whalers are wrong the ones trying to stop them have very big balls

I think that the other countries should have to live up to the treaty just my 2 cents

Guest clownsdd

It's against the IWC's "laws" which apparently has no way of enforcing them except upon it's voluntary members.

The read at the link is pretty interesting.

International Whaling Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaEnforcement under the IWC

IWC is a voluntary international organization and is not backed up by treaty. Therefore, the IWC, in essence, is a voluntary organization which has substantial practical limitations on its authority. First, any member countries are free to simply leave the organization and declare themselves not bound by it if they so wish. Second, any member state may opt out of any specific IWC regulation by lodging a formal objection to it within 90 days of the regulation coming into force[20] (such provisions are common in international agreements, on the logic that it is preferable to have parties remain within the agreements than opt out altogether). Third, the IWC has no ability to enforce any of its decisions through penalty imposition.

Bull crap.

The Japanese and Norwegians are in direct violation of international anti-whaling agreements that their own governments signed off on.

These "eco terrorists" are the only ones with any balls out there at all, and I wish them all the best of luck.

- OS

Oh Shoot is right its against international law to captue or kill whales both of the countries in question sighned the treaty.

While I am not a wacko enviremenlist the whalers are wrong the ones trying to stop them have very big balls

I think that the other countries should have to live up to the treaty just my 2 cents

Factually wrong, but it is the propaganda put out by the Sea Shepard organization. .;)

It's against the IWC's "laws" which apparently has no way of enforcing them except upon it's voluntary members.

The read at the link is pretty interesting.

International Whaling Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaEnforcement under the IWC

IWC is a voluntary international organization and is not backed up by treaty. Therefore, the IWC, in essence, is a voluntary organization which has substantial practical limitations on its authority. First, any member countries are free to simply leave the organization and declare themselves not bound by it if they so wish. Second, any member state may opt out of any specific IWC regulation by lodging a formal objection to it within 90 days of the regulation coming into force[20] (such provisions are common in international agreements, on the logic that it is preferable to have parties remain within the agreements than opt out altogether). Third, the IWC has no ability to enforce any of its decisions through penalty imposition.

Correct. It is not illegal. Of all people 2a and hunters should understand quota hunts, preservation and the misleading propaganda of leftist environmental wackos.

Guest 6.8 AR
Bull crap.

- OS

If their governments signed a treaty saying they wouldn't

hunt whales, their government should be the ones going

after them, not some white haired eco terrorist on a TV

show. I don't watch it, but I would root for the fishing

crews. Bob Barker makes anything credible, doesn't he?

Guest clownsdd

There is no treaty. "IWC is a voluntary international organization and is not backed up by treaty."

+10 smith "Correct. It is not illegal. Of all people 2a and hunters should understand quota hunts, preservation and the misleading propaganda of leftist environmental wackos."

Edited by clownsdd