Off-Road 4x4

Guest strelcevina

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Suppose to get up to 7" possible in the Memphis metro. I will be in that. Why, because I can! This is a rare for us, and I want to get my Jeep out in it, nothing stupid, and staying away from the cars. Folks around here don't realize that brakes are to be used sparingly and lightly, giving yourself plenty of time to stop, not slamming on the brakes at the last minute, and when it rains or snows, they are even worse!

Probably already seen these but here they are again. First one has the commentary as it happens, some cussing

part 2

edited and music YouTube - 20 Car Pile up on South Carefree and Powers Colorado Springs - Benny Hill

Guest strelcevina
Strel you should have came with my friends and I today. :cheers:

:eek:deng....

that's way to cool

what tires you got on that jeep? wow.

could i fit those on my ford?

Here is the video from the same obstacle.

Sweet!...that brings back some great memories...

I got out to p*** once, while 4 wheelin...i looked back at my truck...the right rear tire was approximately 6 feet off the ground...so...i went over and stood under it...

Guest strelcevina

What I like so far on the Explorer is

Independent rear and front suspension = it rides like Cadillac....:D ok not really like caddy but you get a point .

4 wheel ABS .. in heavy rain or snow it makes that heavy SUV stop fast .

Space.. a lot .....3row of seats is exactly what i need

i bought some bamboo floors after hours and rental place was closed .. i need some floors that night so i had to transport floors inside a car... seats down .. i fitted 28 boxes packs of solid bamboo floors , and Explorer drove like it was empty .

next day i towed 50 more boxes in a trailer , same thing explorer drove like nothing was attached on .

i did light off road driving... more like picnic driving :)

4x4 controls are power ,,just push a button

4x4 auto mode ..it switches automatically to 4x4 if wheels slip ..perfect

4x4 high in snow drove like charm .

4x4 low i just tried for fun . it worked :)

it goes about 17MPG and on Hwy about 21MPG

i drove more than 10K so far and no issues at all --knock on the wood

soon my tires has to be replaced "about this summer"i will buy bigger ones , just to have better ground clearance.

maybe even i do slight lift if i need to clear bigger tires ,

basically i like Explorer so far

I know there are more than a few 4x4 people on this forum that haven't piped up...

Built this one over the last few years...

fpi_4r_witc2.jpg

It was pulled in the shop this weekend to start tearing apart so I can build a full tube buggy out of the axles and some other stuff.

I know there are more than a few 4x4 people on this forum that haven't piped up...

Built this one over the last few years...

fpi_4r_witc2.jpg

It was pulled in the shop this weekend to start tearing apart so I can build a full tube buggy out of the axles and some other stuff.

I've always liked your 'runner. Are you building an f-toy or something else?

I've always liked your 'runner. Are you building an f-toy or something else?

Thanks!

Top half is a "re-purposed" F-toy chassis, we will be building a fully custom tube lower half chassis and sub-chassis, 4 linked front & rear, coilovers, etc.

Thanks!

Top half is a "re-purposed" F-toy chassis, we will be building a fully custom tube lower half chassis and sub-chassis, 4 linked front & rear, coilovers, etc.

Sick.

You have your own shop or hire this work out?

Thanks!

Awesome, let me know if you ever need any help. I'm thinking of selling my Tacoma and getting out of the offroad game for a while so it would be nice to drool over your rig. :lol:

Sick.

You have your own shop or hire this work out?

I have a shop, and generally do most of my own stuff - but an opportunity came up to do some trading of some other parts for some labor with another local guy why has been building some outstanding vehicles lately. On top of that - I'm short on time lately, so this works out for me. He's going to get it to rolling status - and I'm going to finish it up from there.

I have a shop, and generally do most of my own stuff - but an opportunity came up to do some trading of some other parts for some labor with another local guy why has been building some outstanding vehicles lately. On top of that - I'm short on time lately, so this works out for me. He's going to get it to rolling status - and I'm going to finish it up from there.

Very nice.

I'm about ready to convert half my garage into a full-time shop for a truck rebuild for my son. Have a few years before he'll be driving, so I should be able to get it done at some point.

Wish I had a shop!

Very nice.

I'm about ready to convert half my garage into a full-time shop for a truck rebuild for my son. Have a few years before he'll be driving, so I should be able to get it done at some point.

Wish I had a shop!

1200 sq/ft of shop space, that somehow manages to fill itself up to the brim with all manner of... crap.

Then, I end up working outside in the gravel... go figure.

• 1 month later...