Off-Road 4x4

Guest strelcevina

Guest strelcevina

any off roaders in the house.

I got a new to me 04 X few weeks ago. cant decide what upgrades to do.

i wont it high and wide :D

i drove at Nurburgring Germany on many occasions with a sport cupe, but Im new to Off Road experience.

no clue where to start.

i thought buying a car would be logical way to start:D

here are pictures i took few minutes after buying a X

IMAG0122.jpg?t=1278815027

IMAG0124.jpg?t=1278815050

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the Explorer on pavement and go buy a $5000. Jeep if you want to go off road. Spend the money on the upgrades for the Jeep for a real off road experience. For around $10000. you should be able to find a somewhat built Jeep.oldogy

Guest strelcevina
Post me a picture when you get it dirty. Then we can talk. Otherwise I will take my 2wheel drive ranger where that thing will never go.

i just bought it, dont know where to get it dirty.

any good off road places that you go with your 2wheel drive ranger.

Guest strelcevina
Keep the Explorer on pavement and go buy a $5000. Jeep if you want to go off road. Spend the money on the upgrades for the Jeep for a real off road experience. For around $10000. you should be able to find a somewhat built Jeep.oldogy

i had Jeep Cherokee 2weel drive.. no good for off road.

and i got this ford for less than 5K:)

ethanol does not impress me.

One gallon of ethanol has an energy value of only 77,000 BTU's

One gallon of gasoline has 114,000 BTU's

In short, you get better MPG with gas then ethanol as there is more available power in it.

however ethanol will get me started on another subject. I disagree with the way we make ethanol, corn is not the best way to make it. Sugarcane is far better if we are going to use it, or other actual waste by-products.

Guest coldblackwind
That don't matter! :D

I knew a guy once that took a two wheel drive Mazda pickup and lifted it, then put a set of 35s under it. Goofy looking truck.

Try pulling a car out of a garage with the truck on grass with water halfway up the 32 11.50's, and the brakes locked up on the car. You'll learn to appreciate both 4WD, and limited slip rear ends. Or spend one winter in NY, and then come talk to me :D

Just reread this, I'm just kiddin around ford guy, hard to tell reading it

Guest coldblackwind
i had Jeep Cherokee 2weel drive.. no good for off road.

and i got this ford for less than 5K:)

Jeep cherokees are worthless in 2wd, mine would spin in rain. However, once you kicked the 4wd in, I drove it up a sheet of ice 2 inches thick with water running down it (if you know anything about ice, thats a pretty darn slick combination), near my parents in NY, and never spun a tire.

Guest strelcevina
You need 4x4, good ground clearance rough tires and locking differentials if you're serious about off road.

oldogy

I dont know what differentials this car have. tried to read about it, but there is just to many info

dont know where to start :D

im looking for big tires. to start with.

Try pulling a car out of a garage with the truck on grass with water halfway up the 32 11.50's, and the brakes locked up on the car. You'll learn to appreciate both 4WD, and limited slip rear ends. Or spend one winter in NY, and then come talk to me :D

Hey now, it wasn't my truck!

I'm actually looking for a 4x4 right now, otherwise I could've found a truck already.

Guest coldblackwind

Hard to find a decent 4X4 down here, I went to NY for my cherokee. Got it for half what they were going for down here at the time too :D. Unfortunately, I just sold it after 4 years, now I need something else thats 4wd, and seats more than 3 people. Whats better is I sold it, and promptly tore the transfer case up in my F150, I'm presently 4wd poor :D

Guest strelcevina
Hard to find a decent 4X4 down here, I went to NY for my cherokee. Got it for half what they were going for down here at the time too :D. Unfortunately, I just sold it after 4 years, now I need something else thats 4wd, and seats more than 3 people. Whats better is I sold it, and promptly tore the transfer case up in my F150, I'm presently 4wd poor :D

you should go to the auction, friend of mine bought 02 Dodge Durango Magnum 4wd for 21hundred

Jeep Cherokee's and Grand Cherokees are great off road vehicles and with a few mods can be great off road vehicles, not as pretty as TGO Davids new TOY but I'm a laid off a JEEP worker from many years ago and I like them... COOP

Guest strelcevina
Sorry dude... that's not an offroad vehicle.

is that because is White?

or becouse is Ford?

what is new toy they talking about if i may know?

Guest strelcevina
ethanol does not impress me.

One gallon of ethanol has an energy value of only 77,000 BTU's

One gallon of gasoline has 114,000 BTU's

In short, you get better MPG with gas then ethanol as there is more available power in it.

however ethanol will get me started on another subject. I disagree with the way we make ethanol, corn is not the best way to make it. Sugarcane is far better if we are going to use it, or other actual waste by-products.

you are hard to impress.

all those BTU's here BTU's there, is just to confuse you

simple explanation is same car running Ethanol has more horse power :rofl:

i agree that Sugarcane is far better than corn.

only problem is there is no good Sugarcane infrastructure in US.