Camping World in Chattanooga just posted no weapons

Guest archerdr1

Guest archerdr1

Now, being that the store is in Georgia, it doesn't really matter except for the fact that the Service area is in Tennessee. I just lost my job there (Crazy thing is that I got canned for doing my job) so I am not really saying anything to them, but if anyone on here goes there and has one of those cards or fliers that were made up to hand to businesses, it might be a good idea to take one by. I know they did that specifically for me, b/c the store manager knows that I carry and when I go there I would be carrying. Just thought I would inform you all.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What cards or fliers are you talking about to give to businesses? From reading your post I have an idea what they might be but I have never seen one. I might want to carry some if they are indeed what I think they are.

Guest AlzRuger

Sorry you lost your job! I am an RV'er, and travel through Chattanooga, 15 or 20 times a year. Most trips I stop at Camping World in Chattanooga, and spend some money. Looks like only one more stop there for me, just long enough to leave my "No Guns = No Money" card.

Guest archerdr1
Sorry you lost your job! I am an RV'er, and travel through Chattanooga, 15 or 20 times a year. Most trips I stop at Camping World in Chattanooga, and spend some money. Looks like only one more stop there for me, just long enough to leave my "No Guns = No Money" card.

I know that they did that because of me... they do not want me in there and the manager (was my friend) knows that I will not go into a business that bans guns. Sucks for them too, I was going to look for a fifth wheel hitch for my new truck... I was going to go there to buy it, but alas, no dice! Guess I will go to Northgate RV.

Let me know when you do that. I am curious to see how long it takes for him to get smart.

Edited by archerdr1
Guest archerdr1

no, but the service area is in Tennessee. It is stupid for him to post, but teeth or not, they posted..and a HUGE sign at the entrance too! One of my customers called and told me that he went into the store and told them that they were fools for firing me...I love my customers. he told me that I was the only one in that store that he would deal with (and he is a mobile tech and does a lot of business there, well did). Sucks for them. It is a long story that still has my head spinning, but I have a new job (got one within 2 days), and it pays better and they treat their staff better too.

no, but the service area is in Tennessee. It is stupid for him to post, but teeth or not, they posted..and a HUGE sign at the entrance too! One of my customers called and told me that he went into the store and told them that they were fools for firing me...I love my customers. he told me that I was the only one in that store that he would deal with (and he is a mobile tech and does a lot of business there, well did). Sucks for them. It is a long story that still has my head spinning, but I have a new job (got one within 2 days), and it pays better and they treat their staff better too.

That is great, Old boss got burned and you got a better job. Glad it worked out for you.

Now if you could only sue him for firing you with out cause.

Guest archerdr1

yeah, it would be nice, but Instead, I will allow the customers that only dealt with me hit him in the pocket instead. It is irritating, especially since he always says how he is such a good Christian guy. He is a pastor at a pentacostal church in Ft. Oglethorpe, GA. I have sung in his church and everything. I never thought he would pull something as dishonest and UN christian as what he did.

Oh Shoot, I honestly don't think he realizes that posting at the GA store holds no weight. I am not going to tell him, I don't even want to see him. The only time I would go there would be to see the people in the service area, and that is in TN so it holds every bit of weight. At any rate, he knows that I, by principle, do not go into posted businesses, legal posting or not.

I know of about 3 families that have said that they won't be in there anymore b/c I am the only one they will deal with. Even more funny is that one of my new customers at this job was one of my customers at CW! I didn't even realize that until I walked in offering them a free Roof inspection! Ah, the irony!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest archerdr1

both businesses are posted. I don't know if there is one at the entrance to the property, but there is to the entrance to the store. I have been in the hospital for the last week (Had emergency surgery on my intestines) and I am now being told that it was b/c I called the manager a "False preacher and a non christian" on this sight. I have looked at the post on here and correct me if I am wrong but I don't think those words are in there at all. I said that "what he said was unchristian and dishonest." and that I could not believe he did something like that. So, he saw it and his wife read it and said something to my wife getting her really upset b/c my wife works for her and now she is worried that her job might be harder from now on. Anyway, I know that was way off the trail, but I was a bit pissed when I came in tonight. Sorry. back to it now.

Sorry to hear about your surgery, hope it went well you are doing better now.

It is not very Christian like for someone to tell you, your medical problem is because you did this, or believe that. I don't believe in using reglion or faith to tell someone why they have a problem. I believe a person should never tell someone that GOD did this or that because of, because no man, woman or child on this planet knows. Life is a test, simple as that.

Faith, if you ask 10 preachers a complex question, you with out doubt get at least 8 different answers.

I have known Christians that look down on allot of people, some are in my family and I can not stand to be around them. A bit to high and mighty for me. When around them at a family event I mostly smile and nod.

Guest archerdr1

I am getting there. I just acquired a cane which will help to take some of the pressure off of my back since I really can't stand straight right now. I can walk around ok, but after a while my back starts to get a little tender. My incision is healing, but I am getting a bit tired of pulling the packing out of the wound and packing a clean gauze in to it. It really looks like I got gut shot! Ah, just one more battle scar in my collection of stupid wounds. Evidently I didn't chew my food as good as I thought and swallowed what looks to be one of the bristles out of my grill brush. It got stuck through the wall of my small intestine and the doctors had to cut me open to get it out.

If anyone is offended by my last post, sorry. I was, to my defense, hopped up on Percacet and saying anything that came to mind and I got pissed off really easily.

Guest slothful1
Evidently I didn't chew my food as good as I thought and swallowed what looks to be one of the bristles out of my grill brush. It got stuck through the wall of my small intestine and the doctors had to cut me open to get it out.

OUCH. The thought of that gives me the willies.

Guest RevScottie

If anyone is offended by my last post, sorry. I was, to my defense, hopped up on Percacet and saying anything that came to mind and I got pissed off really easily.

So cutting through the Percacet haze are you sying that your wife currently works for the wife of your ex-boss? That would have to be more than a little awkward.

Guest archerdr1

Yes, my wife's boss is the wife of my former boss... she started texting her saying how I should not have posted something like that and that I am going through what I am b/c I bad mouthed this preacher. All I was saying is that what he did was not Christian-like. Did not hear my side of the story, just told me to get out. arrogance is probably the best word for him. Anyway, my wife told her not to talk to her about any of it, and had to keep telling her for about the next hour. This woman is setting herself up for a harassment charge if she doesn't watch it. It makes it hard for my wife to work there with her always saying stuff about it. Anywho, anyone been by there to see if they have taken down the sign or not?